What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
I Found Tarkov demanded too much time. I will try it again but I can't dedicate the time to it for me to be any use.
Completely agree and if you come into it mid wipe its much more difficult with everyone having so much gear - particuarly with economy issues on this wipe. It is however one of the few games that gets the adrenalyn running, particularly in a good fight when you want to extract with some decent gear!!

Caporegime
Just wondering if Fallout 3 is worth a go. I've never played any of the Fallout games and the GotY edition is now on Game Pass. Has it aged badly or still something everyone should play?

Soldato
Fallout 3 is a great game, possibly a touch clunky by today's standards but definitley something everyone should play imo, and when you fall in love, you can look forward to New Vegas and 4 :D

There are no doubt a bunch of mods to improve the look and feel as well.

Associate
For my 32’nd I got Horizon Zero Dawn for the pc. Absolutely unbelievable game. 30 hours in and The story is gripping and really good gameplay. I can see myself putting over 100hrs into this..

Associate
33 yo here. Last big game I have played - RDR2... didn't finished... and now, after work, 2 hours max a day, DOTA 2 (6119 hours in game) and Hunt Showdown (608) . All played with my WIFE :D

Associate
45 YO and playing Control Ultimate Edition (completed the main story, just going through the DLC now), FH4, Gears of War 5 and Death Stranding. That's only the tip of my gaming backlog iceberg though.

Associate
45 YO and playing Control Ultimate Edition (completed the main story, just going through the DLC now), FH4, Gears of War 5 and Death Stranding. That's only the tip of my gaming backlog iceberg though.
I've still got Gears 5 to finish. It didn't really hold my attention on first play.

Associate
At the moment chivalry 2. Though it's a complete pain that it's on Epic only atm. Trying to join friends in matchmaking seems to be entirely broken.

Tried to play Days gone but i get 5-8fps regardless of settings and even now with a 3090.

A wee bit of Arma 3 as well.

Associate
Just wondering if Fallout 3 is worth a go. I've never played any of the Fallout games and the GotY edition is now on Game Pass. Has it aged badly or still something everyone should play?
Would definitely recommend, one of my favorites, even if it is showing its age. Loads to do and good side quests that feel meaningful rather than just generic go fetch missions. Found it a little slow to start with but after a few hours and finding you feet I was well hooked.

Associate
People generally tend to favour New Vegas over FO3 but I equally enjoyed both. But I remember having to tweak various things to get it to work on Win7 or 10 (which ever OS I was running at the time). FO3 was my entry into the series, as I had never played the previous two but that had no effect on my enjoyment of the game. It was different (in a good way) to what I had been playing at the time.

Caporegime
People generally tend to favour New Vegas over FO3 but I equally enjoyed both. But I remember having to tweak various things to get it to work on Win7 or 10 (which ever OS I was running at the time). FO3 was my entry into the series, as I had never played the previous two but that had no effect on my enjoyment of the game. It was different (in a good way) to what I had been playing at the time.

Seems to run OK without any tinkering - this is the Game Pass version on Windows 10 (Game of the Year edition). But I've put it on the back burner for now and decided to do Shadow of Mordor instead. Then I can do Shadow of War which has been sitting on my PC for yonks.

Associate
Seems to run OK without any tinkering - this is the Game Pass version on Windows 10 (Game of the Year edition). But I've put it on the back burner for now and decided to do Shadow of Mordor instead. Then I can do Shadow of War which has been sitting on my PC for yonks.
Mine was also GOTY but steam version and just checked that it was Windows 7 that I had played it on. Gamepass might have fixed or patched the compatibility issues for the launcher.

Associate
I find that i need games that you can hop in to for an hour and then jump out of, this limits a lot of games where you need to follow the storyline but works for Doom, COD, etc.

Permabanned
I've still got Gears 5 to finish. It didn't really hold my attention on first play.

Quite literally just finished it today for the second time (first was on release) and it was good. An enjoyable game that is quite forgettable in a series that failed to hit the heady heights the first one did. As for the Gears franchise, tactics is where its at these days and if you have not played it I would heartily recommend playing it as soon as possible.

Associate
Mass Effect Andromeda. Good fun!

If the game had been released like it is now at launch as opposed to a buggy mess, and they'd called it 'Pathfinder', I think it would have got better reviews.

Back
Top Bottom