What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Caporegime
Did actually start Shadow of War in the end. Enjoying it so far but it strikes me as going to take a long time to finish by the small amounts the percentage completion is going up each day. :p

Soldato
A few games at the moment, continuing with Outer Worlds (brilliant game), about to try Control again after not clicking with it on release and Sniper Contracts 2. But the biggest time sink at the moment is Mass Effect legendary. Playing on the hardest difficulty and trying to complete as much as possible on the first playthrough. It's been amazing getting sucked back into that world! Can't wait to start ME2 again.

Soldato
Did actually start Shadow of War in the end. Enjoying it so far but it strikes me as going to take a long time to finish by the small amounts the percentage completion is going up each day. :p

It's long. Don't be afraid to get on with the storyline.

A few games at the moment, continuing with Outer Worlds (brilliant game), about to try Control again after not clicking with it on release and Sniper Contracts 2. But the biggest time sink at the moment is Mass Effect legendary. Playing on the hardest difficulty and trying to complete as much as possible on the first playthrough. It's been amazing getting sucked back into that world! Can't wait to start ME2 again.

130hrs so far for me and i think I'm most the way through me3 now.

Plan on another play through too, though will assume i will be more time efficient in that one so maybe "only" hit 250 hours in the end?

Caporegime
It's long. Don't be afraid to get on with the storyline.

Yeah, I've been doing all the collectible stuff because there's a helluva lot of skill points needed to fill in that skill tree! Some of them I really miss after just having finished Shadow of Mordor so I know which ones to aim for straightaway.

I haz 4090!
Don
Bought 21 and thought it was crap

I like the playability of 15 I still play online every game although it takes a few mins to find another player :)

21 the movements on and off the ball is pants

Fair enough! I've got this image of you playing the same person over and over again, the only two people on the planet playing it :D

Soldato
I’ve still got FIFA 15 on my shelf too. Only really buy one football game in the lifespan of a console as they’re so incremental and I don’t care enough about the teams being up to date etc

Associate
Did people here find Shadow of War better than the first one, Shadow of Mordor or worse or the same? Nearly coming to the end of Mordor now and it's been pretty good. Shadow of War is a mahoosive 130GB with all the 4K textures and cinematics.

I loved SoM and played it when it first came out. Immediately got SoW when it came out too (so there was a gap in between - no burn-out) and yet couldn't get into it. It felt like it had too much fluff, too expansive for the sake of being so, felt like I was slogging through doing so many differerent small things everywhere yet not really... progressing, whereas SoM felt big yet suitably so. For most of the game it's just as good as SoM, but the amount of extra non-required fluff detracted from the gameplay for me and made the game.. less, if that makes sense.

The same thing happened over time with the Assassin's Creed games for me.

Soldato
I loved SoM and played it when it first came out. Immediately got SoW when it came out too (so there was a gap in between - no burn-out) and yet couldn't get into it. It felt like it had too much fluff, too expansive for the sake of being so, felt like I was slogging through doing so many differerent small things everywhere yet not really... progressing, whereas SoM felt big yet suitably so. For most of the game it's just as good as SoM, but the amount of extra non-required fluff detracted from the gameplay for me and made the game.. less, if that makes sense.

The same thing happened over time with the Assassin's Creed games for me.

I can understand that, it's a huge game, with a lot of slow progress across a lot of arenas.

Associate
I jump in and out so often it's hard to know what I'm actually playing.

Right now.. mostly a heavily modded valheim a friend hosts a server for with a few other friends.

Been playing wow since vanilla but cancelled my sub a month or so ago as SL has just ground to a halt and the patch info doesn't really interest me at all. Tempted to play tbc classic but maybe after the current valheim runthrough.

Other than that, bit of Doom (2016 one I never got round to finish so playing that before i try eternal)

and honourable mentions:
borderlands 3 (loved bl2 but 3's not doing it for me atm)
darksiders 3 (again loved 1 and 2 but not really clicked with 3 yet)
postal 4 - played the 1st early access bit, it's been updated so might have another look. postal 2 was hilarious, so looking forward to some mindless violence.

My issue is I have 100s of games in my steam lib, add to it in every steam sale but it takes me years to even bother playing them. Always end up falling back on old favourites.

Need to set the vr up again too, if nothing else, it's good for a bit of exercise :)

Associate
Horace goes skiing & Manic Miner. Only joking...AC Valhalla...graphics are good but tbh can't wait to finish it..same old...although sometimes I feel more like I'm playing witcher 3 than AC. Have Horizon Zero Dawn lined up & Cyberpunk 2077.

Back
Top Bottom