What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
Searching through my backlog of games, and fancying a party-based RPG I found Tower of Time in my GoG account, which I must have grabbed for free at some point.

It's not quite what I was expecting as it's a bit of a spin on the usual RPG mechanics, and places its battles in separate instances that are based on repeated templates with a set number of enemies spawning from designated spawn points over the course of each fight. I don't usually like it when games pull that kind of mehcanic for their fights, but here these are enough abilities, loot items, and party and build variations to keep me interested. It's a bit rough around the edges, but not bad at all for an indie RPG from a small dev team.

Associate
Just re-played BF3 and BF4 SP. BF3 was just as good as I remember, if looking a bit graphically tired these days. They tried with BF4 bless em, but forgot to tidy up the bugs and dreadful AI. Still a good romp though!

Associate
Just finished the Mafia (definitive edition) and bit surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm a bit of a fan of early jazz so that helped.

Have tried to stop playing cod cold war/warzone and mw as was finding it to be making me angry and frustrated most of the time. Think i'm quite a bit happier now i've walked away from them.

Soldato
Must admit I've gone off competitive multiplayer atm, last one I played was for any amount of time was Fortnite for the first few seasons when it came out. Old GPU doesn't help.

Same here, just not in the mood for people right now. Something to do with end of quarter work rush I think.

I've taken a huge pit dive yet again and not played any games for more than 10 mins in a couple of weeks. Last night, I booted up Witcher 3 to continue on my recent playthrough and boom, instantly sucked back in. I know what I'll be playing tonight!

Associate
ACC in VR.

Honestly sim racing has spoilt pc gaming for me. If i do boot something else up and quickly bored and want to get back on track

Used to love FPS and strategy games like homeworld and total war. Mount and blade also. Just dont have the time for those now

Back
Top Bottom