What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
Been playing Satisfactory - bought a few years ago. Didnt really give it enough of a chance at the time. Tried it again a couple of months ago and now been fully sucked in.

Also just downloaded BAR (Beyond All reason https://www.beyondallreason.info/ ) haven't tried yet. Its free in Alpha at the moment. Seems to be a successor to Total Annihilation which i was a big fan of back in the day. I have also played lots of Supreme Commander Forged alliance.
They've announced that 1.0 will arrive at some point this year now for Satisfactory btw dude in case you don't know! Going to ditch my current game now and wait for that as they've got the story and other bits they've held back on which is being added.

Soldato
53, have jumped back into Elden Ring in prep for the (hopefully soon) DLC
Before that is was Shadows of the Fallen and Sniper Elite 5 which I loved.

All on the Steam deck

Soldato
I've discovered the joy of playing slightly older titles with up to date hardware - man, it's so obvious!

Performance is flawless at 4k.
Games look amazing.
They are all fully patched.
There's heaps of genuine reviews to help decide what to play.
They're all either cheap (sale) or included with Game Pass.
It takes so long to move onto newer games that they're no longer newer, so the process continues.
i want to do this but i need as game to hold me up for a few years as ive played everything.

Soldato
Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic.

Essentially it's Cities Skylines with a Russian theme but far more in depth in terms of micro managing just about everything.

Still in Early Access and if you want the campaign need to activate the Beta branch. However it's very absorbing and compelling and a complete time soak.
I've seen a lot of video's, the game looks absolutely awesome to me, but one thing, the UI Issues, I don't want to fight the UI telling me something is not possible or having to move my mouse 1 pixel precisely to lay out a road...

I will gladly buy this game when the UI/UX gets better, it looks very good imho.

I actually think a lot of game mess this up, I think Cities Skylines 2 is actually great because they greatly improved this over the first, if you compare the stock games, Cities 1 is **** and Cities 2 is great when laying out roads and stuff. Obviously Cities 1 has a lot of mods which fix it (mostly the anarchy mods).

Different games that spring to mind are Transport fever 1 and 2, both very nice games with some quirks but the biggest is the sometimes clunky placement/ui of stuff, spend to much time moving my mouse 1 or 2 pixels to do what I want to be doing.

Associate
Mainly stick to big, atmospheric open world RPGs, but Birth of the Federation multiplayer is my guilty pleasure and longtime game that I keep going back to.

Soldato
Over the last week or so I have completed Halo 1 and Halo 2 from the MCC, now I am playing Halo 3 and having a blast. Well worth the £8 I spent on it. I might complete all 6 games before moving onto other projects.

Associate
I can't seem to get into new games, feels bad when ive paid for a game then give it a good go for an hour or 2 and then decide it's not for me for a number of reasons. I've now decided not to ride the hyper train with games any longer, and thank god for gamepass, means I can try games and decide if I like them.

Recently played shadow of the tomb raider (darn old I know, but enjoyable and I missed it first time out) I've no interest in all the side quests, I'm in the game for the story and that's it, when the stories done I'm out.

Tried Forza Motorsport whatever number the newest one is and I just can't get into it, last FM I played was 4, and this latest rendition is no where near as enjoyable.

Played full throttle remastered the other day it's a pint and click story but I thoroughly enjoyed it, thought it was funny with a good soundtrack.

Started playing star wars battlefront 2 (it's old I know) the other day, liking it so far (story mode at least ) though only an hour in.

A friend of mine wants me to start playing pal world but YouTube is full of dog turd videos by imbeciles with squeaky over the top shouting doing just pointless stuff in, I was trying to find a decent review of it and a quick start guide but so far no real luck. I'm concerned pal world is great for the rts type people, but I just want to play a game using as little brain power as I can reasonably get away with

Associate
Things that don't require huge time investment - mostly been dipping into Cities Skylines II for slow paced, still playing BF2042 online if I want to kill some braincells for 30 mins.

Tried Starfield but its pap. Not sure there is anything else kicking around that interests me yet this year.

Back
Top Bottom