What Audiobooks are you listening to ?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Finished The Wheel of Time - Lord of Chaos and started A Crown of Swords. Really good :D / tugs braid and again in case they missed it lol

Man of Honour
Got the few to go through soon. Just finished Clancy's Sum of All Fears and before going onto Debt of Honor, decided to go with some fun. So started Will Leave The Galaxy For Good by Yahtzee Croshaw, last in the Jacques McKeown trilogy. Good fun series. Also got the latest Chrysalis book, Between a Rock and a Carapace and the latest Everybody Loves Large Chests book waiting as well.

Preorders.... He Who Fights With Monsters book 11 (coming end of July) and Bobiverse book 5 (coming beginning of September)

Caporegime
Whilst I loved every single one, they are extremely formulaic after a while. The ending of the series is pretty "meh".

Some of the best bits of the lore are left unexplored too which was really frustrating.
Finished book 16 recently.

seems like almost everything got explored? the elders seem to have been fully covered
maybe you never did 15 and 16 though?
I think book 17 is supposed to come out at the end of this year

There's less and less laugh out loud moments as the series goes on which is a shame, but every book kept me interested enough.

Already done some of the bobbiverse which is aright but nothing special imo

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished book 16 recently.

seems like almost everything got explored? the elders seem to have been fully covered
maybe you never did 15 and 16 though?
I think book 17 is supposed to come out at the end of this year

There's less and less laugh out loud moments as the series goes on which is a shame, but every book kept me interested enough.

Already done some of the bobbiverse which is aright but nothing special imo
I love the Bobiverse and was over the moon to discover there's a new one out later on this year.

Associate
OP
Just finished Watchers, by Dean Koontz. a great book and great narration, Was a book I didn't want to end.

On his thirty-sixth birthday, Travis Cornell hikes into the foothills of the Santa Ana Mountains. But his path is soon blocked by a bedraggled Golden Retriever who will let him go no further into the dark woods.
That morning, Travis had been desperate to find some happiness in his lonely, seemingly cursed life. What he finds is a dog of alarming intelligence that soon leads him into a relentless storm of mankind's darkest creation...

97J4yee.png

Caporegime
The Lies of Locke Lamora, the first book in the Gentlemen B@#!"~#d series, loved this book and the narration is brilliant, well recommended.

"An orphan’s life is harsh—and often short—in the mysterious island city of Camorr. But young Locke Lamora dodges death and slavery, becoming a thief under the tutelage of a gifted con artist. As leader of the band of light-fingered brothers known as the Gentleman B@#!"~#ds, Locke is soon infamous, fooling even the underworld’s most feared ruler. But in the shadows lurks someone still more ambitious and deadly. Faced with a bloody coup that threatens to destroy everyone and everything that holds meaning in his mercenary life, Locke vows to beat the enemy at his own brutal game—or die trying."
"
lteiuh8.jpg
The whole series is fantastic and I cannot wait for the next installment!

With the right budget and a showrunning team who sticks to the book closely, this would make an amazing tv series.

More recently we finished everything available for The Locked Tomb series, with the first being the strongest, and then a sadly consistent decline as the books went on.

The world-building in the first book, all the different necromancers and cavaliers from the different houses at Canaan House, that was so much fun, but the second and third books just got meh-er sadly. I'd still recommend the first as a stand-alone.

Currently we have just started book 2 of the Monk & Robot duology, which is also a nice setting. Really enjoying Mosscap's wide-eyed wonderment at everything. :)

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Finished The Wheel of Time - Crown of Swords and started the Path of Daggers. Amazing, imo better than LOTR. I know, i know but that purely how much i enjoyed it.

Finished The Wheel of Time - Crown of Swords and started the Path of Daggers. Amazing, imo better than LOTR. I know, i know but that purely how much i enjoyed it.

LOTR despite the love is actually pretty poor in many aspects, its not aged well.
WOT will do the same.

Tolkien started the genre, or really actually gave it a great kick in arse and got momentum. Thats what he should be really commended for.
Not really his works, IMO.

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
Burned through Project Hail Mary, I really liked it, dude who done the narration really made the character and they way the story was told with the flashbacks kept it interesting.

Now onto the Martian, I am actually slightly disappointed its narrated by Wil Wheaton! really wanted the narrator from PHM
Agreed, loved PHM, and the narrator was great. Wish I could listen to it for the first time all over again.

Finished HWFM 2 wasn't quite as good as 1 IMO, but it was certainly a fun listen. Obviously book 1 was introducing the whole "system" etc so was more focussed on that
Moved back to listening to WOT (book 3)

Haven't listen to this when "working" up the allotment so need to checkout its good for there.

I found when I was listening to a brief history of time (S Hawkin) it needed more attention so I had to drop it for allotment duties :)

Soldato
Bobiverse book 5 is on its way in September, so its time to listen through my Bobiverse books again :)
considering i have all the other books in hte series and have read them all 2x, and 1500ish other scifi / horror books you would think audible would audible notified me... i really think their algorithm was designed by a competitor... they keep showing me books i have, books from genres i never read..

Back
Top Bottom