What Audiobooks are you listening to ?

Soldato
Currently on book 8, of 16, of the Expeditionary Force books by Craig Alanson. I have listened to 10 audiobooks consultatively in this series so before I continue with the remaining 8 I might listen to something else. Saying that I am really enjoying them, easy to listen to, and amusing, sci fi.

Associate
Currently on book 8, of 16, of the Expeditionary Force books by Craig Alanson. I have listened to 10 audiobooks consultatively in this series so before I continue with the remaining 8 I might listen to something else. Saying that I am really enjoying them, easy to listen to, and amusing, sci fi.
Recently finished Book 15, Failure Mode, and am taking another break before tackling #16.

They are good but just a bit samey when you listen to them back-to-back.

I swapped over to The Invasion UK series and have just finished book 3

Caporegime
Whilst it's worth finishing it off it does get pretty formulaic in the second half.

Associate
Currently on book 3 of the LJ Ross DCI Ryan mysteries. Never really read the original books, but having listened to these audiobooks her attention to detail on all things “local” is pretty good. Feels as if it’s drawn me in more, knowing the places she’s mentioned and having been to a lot of them.

Soldato
Currently on book 3 of the LJ Ross DCI Ryan mysteries. Never really read the original books, but having listened to these audiobooks her attention to detail on all things “local” is pretty good. Feels as if it’s drawn me in more, knowing the places she’s mentioned and having been to a lot of them.
My wife loves LJ's book and, whilst they're perfectly good, I can't help feeling aggrieved that her favourite author churns about 3-4 genuinely good books a year whilst mine (Sanderson) scatters half finished series in his wake like a blind-drunk flower girl at a wedding.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have not listened to them but I'm tempted to read instead.
I'm kinda flipping between audio and ebooks.
I have been reading, listening to some, books by Cynthia Harrod Eagles her DI Bill Slider series. Most detailed and well written continuing stories.

Associate
I was making my way through the High Republic books, but am taking a break from them to go through the entire Discworld series! Very enjoyable to relive those books.

Back
Top Bottom