What controller do you use on your PC?

Caporegime
I don't play MP either. But certain games just work much better on keyboard and mouse. There is no right or wrong, each to their own and all that, but still somewhat surprising :)
The only thing I find annoying with a pad is that some games force aim-assist on you. I don't need it and don't want it, but for example Borderlands 3 forces it on and there is no option to turn it off.

Soldato
I only use my DS3 for retro gaming as it became increasingly more difficult to make the game work with new games, the amount of messing around to make any game playable just wasn't worth the effort. For software though, I use https://vigem.org/projects/BthPS3/ which I believe is the successor to Shibari.

DsHidMini is the current project I believe its way better than shibari had no end of trouble with that thing it was never more than a stopgap I think
You need DS4windows to go with it

Soldato
8Bitdo SFC30 for emulation.
XBOX1 Pad / 360 Pads (1 of which was third party 12 delivered and is outstanding).
Mainly use though an XBOX X pad though.

Associate
This is a really good technical comparison video.

TLDW: Both DS4 and DualSense are a good choice via Bluetooth, for wired you need to overclock the polling rate and for AMD Ryzen systems make sure it's not connected to a chipset USB port. Xbox controllers are bad.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I use the Steam controller, on my second one as the rubber worn down on the thumbstick which has also now worn away (both work fine). I did buy a PS4 V2 controller for Pro Evo games but I stopped playing and the controller is too small for my hands. It's good for a back up option if needed.

I'll probably go for a PS5 or new Xbox controller next but as long as I can buy something for the paddles as they are useful to me in Rocket League.

Associate
I'm still using a wired 360 controller, before that I was using an original xbox 'S' controller, which I cut the end off of and soldered a USB connector on to :p (with some drivers made by a guy called redcl0ud). That was back in the San Andreas era

Man of Honour
I use XBox 360 and Xbox One wired controllers. They seem good enough and tend to be supported out the box in terms of button hints etc rather than having to 'translate' to some generic joypad.

Back
Top Bottom