What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Has anyone tried the generic eBay special DB Killers?

Riding home on the motorway and my exhaust suddenly went loud, I thought my right earplug had just worked loose. Got home and took off helmet and plugs and it was LOUD. Realised my baffle was missing :mad:

The grub screw must have called out and I've fired the baffle out my exhaust at 70mph :o

So I begrudge paying 60euros from a SC Project GP one from Italy so has anyone tried a generic one from eBay?

It's currently obnoxiously loud... Ear bleedingly so for an hour's ride :o

Ended up ordering one from SC Project as the eBay one's didn't look to measure up correctly. Received it yesterday direct from Italy and... it doesn't fit :mad:

It's exactly the same size as the hole so won't obviously go inside. So annoying, luckily I work with an Italian who can argue for me.

Soldato
How thick is it? You can send it to me if you like and I’ll skim a thin layer off it for you.

My internal diameter is 58mm and the outside diameter of the db killer is 59mm and the material is only 2mm thick so I doubt there would be enough meat left sadly. Plus is angled so don't know if you could put on a machine etc. Thank though.

Had a reply and it turns out my exhaust is old so they don't stock it, they did ask for the model of bike and I told them :rolleyes:

Pipe Werx are going to make me a custom one, hopefully be here Friday. To be honest I'm getting used to the noise, it's mental loud though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Spray painted it in acf50. Using a sprayer makes it a 5 minute job to completely cover everything then another five minutes giving it all a wipe over and buff up. £25 well spent!

Soldato
Had to replace the battery today. Went to take the Explorer to an MOT on Friday but the battery was dead as a dodo. No joy with charger/optimiser overnight so had to bin the battery. Tayna to the rescue again so will try to MOT on Tuesday after work.

Associate
Replaced the worn out rear M7RR on the Aprilia, managed to squeeze 4k miles out of it, retained it's shape well and didn't square off.

Front hardly worn at all, should really turn AWC back on so the front wheel stays on the tarmac :p

Soldato
The M7RR on my VFR is also due for replacement in the next week or 3, just ticked over 6k on it today, it's not squared off at all.

Considering I got 8k out of an Angel GT on the CB400 which is 50kg lighter and has half the power I'm impressed.

I'll easily get 12k out the front, not due to wheelies though :D

Man of Honour
The bike has been feeling a little sluggish low down and the engine braking felt like it had increased rather a lot.

Checked both wheels to make sure the bearings were good, back spun freely, front seemed like the brakes were sticking a little so took off the calipers and cleaned up the pistons now seems much more free spinning. Also adjusted my TPS had done it a while ago so it wasn't too far off the mark on when to increase fuel but dropped it down a little more so it now kicks in at 1.5k rpm down from 2k.

Fingers crossed it should feel a bit better now.

I knew my front brake pistons would need replacing relatively soon when I last cleaned them up in the summer, just been having a look around and I can pick up a set of 4 Ti ones for about £90 I think that'll be a new year purchase.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The M7RR on my VFR is also due for replacement in the next week or 3, just ticked over 6k on it today, it's not squared off at all.

Considering I got 8k out of an Angel GT on the CB400 which is 50kg lighter and has half the power I'm impressed.

I'll easily get 12k out the front, not due to wheelies though :D
No wonder why I got like 14k out of the front...

Soldato
Managed to get some GB Racing Covers and sliders for the R1, it's going back on the Dyno friday to test the Pipewerx system and adjust the map if needed, Pit limiter is getting smoothed out too as it's a bit harsh currently.

Back
Top Bottom