1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by edd1e, May 3, 2012.

1. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

You can have this one in April!

2. TallPaul_S

Soldato

That's the era of 'properly' built 400's, as they were the biggest sized bikes used in Japan they were built to the same levels as our 600 bikes. The brakes on the later CB400 models are full twin 4-pot calipers, basically the same calipers as the SP2 and firestorm of the same era!!

Looks pretty clean for the money you paid @The_Abyss :cool::D

3. Diddums

Capodecina

Sounds like a plan. Let me know when you wa t to get rid, pretty sure I have some spare beer tokens in the sofa somewhere.

4. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

Yeah, I think I got quite lucky. The engine is great once warmed up, and there doesn't appear to be anything significantly wrong with it - it really purrs. Gearbox is smooth, clutch is ok if a little high, brakes are reasonable, suspension is unsophisticated but works. I'm quite sure the headlight will be pants at night, but I won't be riding it then.

It feels so small and naked compared to the XR! I'm actually rather fond of it already.

5. NooBish AbbZ

Wise Guy

Not touched the bike today, but i’m going to the Middle East with work for 6 months starting either Sept ‘17 or early ‘18. Think it could be a very good excuse to save money up for an R1:D

6. Scon

Wise Guy

Finally finished the following on my SV650s after 2 weeks of ups and downs

Front springs to Hyperpro progressive
    Fork oil and dust seals
    Head bearings
    Front and rear braided lines
    Front and rear caliper rebuild

It feels like a new bike! It feels little light on the front end though, not sure if I've tightened the steering stem enough...

7. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

Stripped a lot of it down, re-wired the badly fitted alarm, immobiliser and remote start, replaced a bit of broken fairing (Like that when I got it) and replaced the rear brake switch that had failed.

8. Diddums

Capodecina

Did you ride it to work today by any chance?

9. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

No, I rarely ride to work unless it is summer. The journey is too short to make it worth strapping on all my gear.

10. Diddums

Capodecina

Ah fair enough, went to pick up my wife today and someone had exactly your bike parked in the car park (Hammersmith Road). Never seen it before so thought it might be you given that these bikes are fairly uncommon.

11. MowyTone

Mobster

Got a camrea for my helmet. Had £40 in vouchers for Amazon and found this one with waterproof case and mountings etc. Once I used sugru to make a mount on the chin of the helmet it's been pretty good for what it is

12. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

Link pls

13. MowyTone

Mobster

14. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

Upgraded from the Navigator 5 to the Navigator 6. The screen is higher resolution, brighter with less glare and the unit is generally quicker to respond. There are a few other features as well, such as better more varied turning instructions that means I might finally link it up to my headset to listen to it. I still wish TomTom had an integrated nav for BMW though. And no, that's not my address!

[​IMG]

15. acemastr

Mobster

People buy navigation nowdays? Just use your phone.

Bought FlashTune cable and software to be able to tune the R1

16. uksoldierboy

Mobster

Can you guys get Woolich stuff out there? i'd highly recommend them, had the Race tools and reflash done on the R1 and it's transformed the bike.

17. acemastr

Mobster

My first flash was with Woolich software, it couldn't touch decel mappings though which sucked as these things slam on the brakes when you let off.

Main reason for FTECU is the throttle mappings, the throttle on this bike sucks ass.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018 at 11:13 PM
  18. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

No thanks - I rather like the features of an integrated nav.

19. Clov!s

Capodecina

Plus they don’t lose reception in areas like mobiles do.

20. Rossi~

Capodecina

I also wouldn't want to clip in a £700 mobile onto my bike and try and faff about with it wearing gloves.