What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Ah yeah forgot about your puncture. These things are sent to test us.... Don't want to start a tyre plugging debate, but my Dynaplug kit has saved my ass several times.

If you fancy doing some basic maintenance get yourself a cheapo meter- even a £5 one is better than nothing. Doesn't need to be mega accurate, just voltage and continuity will help with 99% of electrical tasks on a bike...

Associate
I charged my 14AH battery (so a little bigger than the 12A one) all night on an optimate when and it was fine in the morning displaying 14ish volts. But yeah that's why I said it's slow.

I'm not sure about mottobatt seemed like a lot of advertisement and internet 'love'... whilst Yuasa seem more like a traditional quality OEM. The fact halfrauds sell them just seems like a bonus although I'd have paid a bit more for a nicer model if I hadn't been in such a rush.

I'll be honest, I switched to Motobatt on my less frequently used bikes and haven't noticed a huge difference- I've got two totally sulphated Motobatt's on the shelf, one of which committed hari-kiri within the first year. To be fair and impartial however, I do have one that refuses to die despite abuse (it's been used at least twice to emergency start a car).

I'm holding out for lightweight Li-Po batteries to become more mainstream.

Soldato
Even tho I have a motobatt on one of my bikes as said in my previous post on the winter bike is Yuasa and have used them for over 30 years still king for me and have brought many back from the dead.

Last edited:
Soldato
Battery connected up and no joy. Been picked up by recovery and dropped off where i had it serviced a few weeks ago. Between them they think it could be a relay, starter, immobiliser issue or fluid in the cylinders. All of them potentially caused by the bike being blown over and lying on it's side for an unknown amount of time :( Just waiting on a call some point next week saying how much it's gonna cost to fix :( Battery was therefore a waste of money but trying to tell myself it was a good decision to change the battery at 5 years old..

Soldato
Whipped off my brake calipers on the VFR and gave them a scrub as they were starting to get a bit grabby, normally means the pistons are sticking/retracting and need a clean. 20ish minutes, even with the 3rd piston needing to be pushed out with the rear brake lever (I had to sit on the floor pressing the brake lever with my foot while holding the caliper to make sure the piston didn't come out too much... :p).

Instant firmer brake lever and better brakes. Horrible job in the cold and wet but one that has to be done!!

Soldato
I’m almost certain it’ll be a Honda CB1000r.

I wanted one before the BMW so I’ll give it a go now, plenty of time to change before the summer if I don’t like it :p

Soldato
Fingers crossed it's something cheap and simple like a dodgy tilt sensor.

Here's hoping :( More expensive the problem the longer the bike has to stay :( Likely to be going to Dubai for 6 months starting towards the end of 2019, so early-mid 2020 I think I'll be getting a new bike, at the moment that is.. That'll be a year before it's next major service is due too, and being over there I'll have more opportunity to save some money up :)

At that point the SV may get tracked

Back
Top Bottom