What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
It’s very docile at low revs but wants to wheelie with very little effort and when it’s on the pipe it’s like a caged animal being released for the first time :D.

I’d get the bike cleaned up, new piston if it needs it and stick it up on eBay with a classifieds advert. Still see them being sold a fair bit, ktm seem to hold their value well.

Yeah that's the sensible route, problem is once I get it sorted and saleable I know I'll want to keep it :D

Associate
Adjusted the chain and fitted a tail tidy to my 125 today/yesterday, first time adjusting a chain but was easy enough, looks so much better just a shame about those l plates :D

Before
FsefdbE.jpg

after
Y3i8hin.jpg

Soldato

Sorry fella - don't worry though, I'm just a random on the internet; and it's down to what you like :)

Personally I think the angle makes it look ridiculous - granted you have to include that L plate though, which likely explains the angle; as it'll just scuff on your rear tyre. But I think the original hanger positions the plates better - it'll probably keep more spray off of your back too!

Associate
Sorry fella - don't worry though, I'm just a random on the internet; and it's down to what you like :)

Personally I think the angle makes it look ridiculous - granted you have to include that L plate though, which likely explains the angle; as it'll just scuff on your rear tyre. But I think the original hanger positions the plates better - it'll probably keep more spray off of your back too!
Don't worry it's all good matey. The angle was too much but a shorter plate and a file has sorted that out, it now sits at much less of an angle

Soldato
It's the plan after the first year or two although the whole bike will go then not just the l plates :D

Assuming you're old enough, why not do it sooner? I know there's a school of thought to 'cutting your teeth' on a smaller cc bike for a while, and no doubt that works for some - but I personally see that as a waste of time and money. I jumped straight into DAS without ever riding a bike; it's all about respecting the bike and keeping your wrist in check.

No idea about your bike, but the 125s I rode during training, made every single aspect of riding harder. It was a night and day change getting onto the 500cc jobbies - you quickly tune into how much easier they ride, and get to really focus on improving your skills.

But, as with your tail tidy - it's always your choice, you may find that you love the 125 and will stay with it for many many years; even after passing your test. It's each to their own.

Back
Top Bottom