What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Assuming you're old enough, why not do it sooner? I know there's a school of thought to 'cutting your teeth' on a smaller cc bike for a while, and no doubt that works for some - but I personally see that as a waste of time and money. I jumped straight into DAS without ever riding a bike; it's all about respecting the bike and keeping your wrist in check.

No idea about your bike, but the 125s I rode during training, made every single aspect of riding harder. It was a night and day change getting onto the 500cc jobbies - you quickly tune into how much easier they ride, and get to really focus on improving your skills.

But, as with your tail tidy - it's always your choice, you may find that you love the 125 and will stay with it for many many years; even after passing your test. It's each to their own.

The thought of going straight through my test etc has certainly crossed my mind but with a second child due in Dec and the fact I use this to commute to work through villages and country roads makes a test and a bigger bike more of a want than need.
I feel mine is far easier to ride over the bike I did my CBT on but can't compare to a bigger 500cc+ bike.

But plan is to get a year under my belt, do my test then see if or when I get bored of a 125 then go from there

Soldato
The thought of going straight through my test etc has certainly crossed my mind but with a second child due in Dec and the fact I use this to commute to work through villages and country roads makes a test and a bigger bike more of a want than need.
I feel mine is far easier to ride over the bike I did my CBT on but can't compare to a bigger 500cc+ bike.

But plan is to get a year under my belt, do my test then see if or when I get bored of a 125 then go from there

Makes perfect sense then :)

Hopefully when our first arrives, which we're still making the ingredients for :D Mrs Scort won't go asking me to sell my RS!

Associate
Sorted out a little electrical gremlin on the Blackbird yesterday and *touches wood* think i've finally sorted an annoying oil leak from the Genny cover... All ready for France next weekend

Tea Drinker
Don
Etch primed and primed previously polished forks. Ready for base coat tomorrow. Fitted discs to front wheel. Couldn't fit bearings as I need oil seals. £75 yesterday on fork seals and dust covers and £50 today on oil seals and spacers for the wheels. Honestly I reckon when I've finished I could have bought an R1

uMygDLul.jpg

c1JxyHZl.jpg

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Approaching the 4000 mile major service on the SV, which sucks because lots of bills come due in September and the only way to avoid them is to use the car a bit more :(

(Can't avoid or delay the service as it needs to be kept up to date for warranty reasons)

Man of Honour
Take it to an independent the 4k mile service on the SV isn't a big one as such it's the 15k valve check one that'll really sting.
Shouldn't be too pricy and should keep your warranty as long as they're VAT registered iirc.

Back
Top Bottom