What did you do to your bike today?

Tea Drinker
Don
No axle nut or split link either, looks like a death trap :p

Waiting on a new stainless steel one. They sent two fronts the donkeys. The other side is ruined from 30 years of abuse.

Chain's a bit slack mate. ;):D

Can't decide on sprockets so haven't chopped it yet plus I need a chain rivet tool.

Took all the bodywork to the paint shop. Needs new side panels and tail piece. It'll cost more in labour to repair them than they are new.

Plus if anyone has had success with any tank sealants please let me know I've had so much conflicting advice.

Soldato
Front brake switch died, so bought a new one off eBay for £2.50, fitted, job done. Doing everything I can to avoid the big job - Addressing the fact the bike's running far too rich.

Associate
Checked the front and rear spokes on the wheels of my GSA. Seems the 2017/18 models are having worldwide reported issues.

Unsurprisingly BMW Motorrad are changing effected wheels with no fuss. Pretty unacceptable though, considering how much these things cost.

Won't be long before a recall happens no doubt.

Soldato
I gave it a wash and as normal, realised afterwards I missed a couple of spots.

I had a go at putting some ACF50 on, but it was quite tricky with the little spray bottle, and I'm not sure if I put too much or not enough on.

Soldato
Got home from work to find my bike has gone walkies, some scumbag has nicked it.

Pretty annoyed, it was my first bike and only had it a couple of months, just reported it to the police and about to phone up the insurance company, not sure how this is going to effect me cost wise in the future.

Associate
Got home from work to find my bike has gone walkies, some scumbag has nicked it.

Pretty annoyed, it was my first bike and only had it a couple of months, just reported it to the police and about to phone up the insurance company, not sure how this is going to effect me cost wise in the future.

Oh bugger mate, sorry to hear it. It's such a **** feeling isn't it?

Don't give up hope though. I've had three nicked and got two back- one thanks to a tracker, the other found by the cops on a regular beat. The ***** scum tend park nicked bikes somewhere secluded and watch for a few days just in case it has an active tracker.

Soldato
I almost fitted a tracker but thought it would be fine, i'll make sure the next bike has a lock, tracker and is covered everyday now.

How is this likely to affect my insurance costs?, i'm on my provisional, i'll use the insurance money to get my full license and a bigger bike.

Soldato
I almost fitted a tracker but thought it would be fine, i'll make sure the next bike has a lock, tracker and is covered everyday now.

How is this likely to affect my insurance costs?, i'm on my provisional, i'll use the insurance money to get my full license and a bigger bike.
That sucks, sorry to hear that.

Regarding insurance, if you are 30+ i wouldn't expect your insurance to take a massive hit, it'll jump up definitely but nothing major.

Back
Top Bottom