What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Not me, but I’m just as excited for him. My uncle has put in an order for a new Triumph Bonneville T120 Diamond. Delivery around April. Limited edition apparently. 900 World wide, 100 of those I n the UK. He’s added a few extras too.

He has the last of the carburettor models (2005) Bonneville T100 with low miles (by low I mean about 6/7k) and on the last MOT they let him try a T120 which is EFI. He loved it and reckons he felt safer because of the extra power (900CC VS 1200CC)

His wife (my aunt) died of liver cancer 6 weeks ago, they were married for 47 years so it’s nice to see him excited and gives him something to look forward to. He didn’t even know this limited edition existed, but decided to go with it as it was only £400 more than the standard version.

Tea Drinker
Don
Next project a dog rough GS that's going to get the rat bike treatment. Comes with aluminium panniers and a top box. Hopefully the sale of the panniers, top box and the shiny bits will pay for the bike.

gupEzE7.jpg

Soldato
New front discs + pads and serviced on the vfr 750 winter beast just over 81000 on the clock not bad going but thought I would treat her will be mostly 2 up this winter.

Soldato
Had the commuter tramp that is the NC750 allyearbikered on Saturday so was looking good as new.

One ride to work today and it's filthy again, nevermind.

Done 5k on it in the 6months I've had it. Really is perfect for my usage.

Man of Honour
One of the throttle cables is very close to snapping as I found out half way through a 40 mile journey the other day, ordered a nice shiny Venhill job to replace it with and as my Christmas treat I'm paying a garage to sort it so I don't have to stand in the cold swearing at it :o

Associate
Spent most of the day trying to figure out what's going on with the Denali lights I installed a little while back on the GSA. Read about a few issues with water ingress on the wiring looms, which does add up as they started flickering around once it'd been raining or after I washed it.

So stripped the connecting loom up from front to back, took it indoors and tipped it up, yep water came out. Left it on a radiator to dry out. Came back to it after a bit of lunch and the outer protective cable was pliable from the heat, which is where I accidentally stumbled across this little problem..

20181212-124557.jpg

Heat shrink on two of the cables dropped back and shorting out.

Repaired it and re-insulated the cables. Sealed up both ends and checked them all with a multimeter. All good and back on the bike.

Bad really, not even two months old. Denali need to sort their QC out, they're not exactly cheap!

Man of Honour
Removed the police hump from my bike to accommodate a blood box. Looking for a more permanent rear rack solution but it’s looking like I’ll have to get something custom fabricated.

As handy as the hump box is for storing “stuff” and keeping it dry, the bike looks a lot better without it.

ufL1vrl.jpg

mCxFa0d.jpg

ifjNaWX.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom