What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Yesterday, rode the SV from Southampton to Manchester; it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting it to be. A little chilly to start with (left at 7am) but had a couple breaks at Cherwell Valley and Keele services.

Today I pick up the XJ6N; will post pictures, naturally :)

Gentlemen, I have trouble putting my ear plugs in and then getting my helmet on without messing them up/pulling them out. Does anyone have any great ideas for this? I’m using moldex spark plugs super soft earbuds from amazon, but am open to changing in order to get a better seal.

Man of Honour
Are you rolling them between your fingers then pulling your ear up and back while pushing them in? I find that opens your ear up enough to tuck them well away from your lid.

Soldato
I always put them in far enough that only the very end is sticking out, you’ll know if you’ve gone too far as they’ll feel uncomfortable when expanded.

Soldato
Will take all that into account :p I do squeeze them up before putting them in, maybe not enough.

Picked the XJ6N up today; seating position is much more comfortable than the SV and the noise is hilarious. Need to get my heated grips as soon as, though!

When playing motorbike Tetris in the garden afterwards (still have the SV) I dropped the SV when I took it off the paddock stand :( Mirror took the full force and instead of needing just a replacement on the left hand side I now need a pair:(

5Gg3qhw.jpg

Soldato
Got out for a cracking ride today - absolutely beautiful day. It was blighted by the first puncture of the year though. I got it plugged up and fixed quickly enough, but I'll be off for a long weekend in Europe in two weeks so I think I'm going to replace the tyres, especially as I've never got on with these Michelins. Will probably go back to the Metzeler Roadtech 01, as these Michelins have put me off trying the Road 5s despite the positive reviews.

qrooaRJ.jpg

1ZuU4Zc.jpg

MDqu3kg.jpg

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Re: ear plugs.

I use the built-in hood of my bike jacket, regardless of weather. This means that my noise cancelling plugs don’t get caught on the liner as the hood helps the helmet slide over anything protruding from the ear.

Never had a problem with this method plus it keeps my hair semi-tidy which is a bonus :p

Soldato
Re: ear plugs.

I use the built-in hood of my bike jacket, regardless of weather. This means that my noise cancelling plugs don’t get caught on the liner as the hood helps the helmet slide over anything protruding from the ear.

Never had a problem with this method plus it keeps my hair semi-tidy which is a bonus :p
Are you saying you have your hood up when riding? I was told hoods are a no no as it'll yank your head back if you're sliding on you back

Soldato
I wouldn't wear one, but then I wouldn't wear a hoodie anywhere.

I do sometimes pull my neck warmer up over my ears to make it a little easier, but I generally don't have a problem with my moulded earphones being pulled out by the helmet anyway.

Associate
Apart from Kevlar hoodies I don't think I've ever seen a riding jacket with a hood.

BMW Enduroguard suit has a built in rain hood that you can wear under your helmet to stop rain running down the back of your neck into your suit.

Can also be worn when just walking around in the rain but then the inside of your helmet risks getitng wet if you wer it under it.

Richa also do a leatehr jacket with an attached fake hoodie type hood.

Man of Honour
Will take all that into account :p I do squeeze them up before putting them in, maybe not enough.

Picked the XJ6N up today; seating position is much more comfortable than the SV and the noise is hilarious. Need to get my heated grips as soon as, though!

When playing motorbike Tetris in the garden afterwards (still have the SV) I dropped the SV when I took it off the paddock stand :( Mirror took the full force and instead of needing just a replacement on the left hand side I now need a pair:(

5Gg3qhw.jpg
An exact double of that bike has just turned up in our bike shed at work (it’s not your is it?!). I did a double take the other day when parking up my bike. Yamaha have really done well on this generation of XJ6. Its a great looking bike.

Soldato
An exact double of that bike has just turned up in our bike shed at work (it’s not your is it?!). I did a double take the other day when parking up my bike. Yamaha have really done well on this generation of XJ6. Its a great looking bike.

It depends...your name rings a bell; have I seen your name mentioned around the 'Who's a pilot' thread discussing being at Swanwick? If so then almost definitely mine as I do use it for commuting daily.

Back
Top Bottom