What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Same. Cruise is useful on the motorway to ease pressure on the right wrist, but that's about it for me.

Blippers are fantastic though. Well factory blippers are- on the S1000RR it's sublime. The Woolich (reflash) blipper on my 2015 MT-09 isn't anywhere near as good.

As Euro-5 emissions regs pretty much dictate a ride-by wire throttle, I hope autoblippers will filter down to most bikes over time.

Soldato
Oooh tyre talk :D

Hating the Supercorsa SPs on the RS at the moment - not sure if they're a newer revision (v3 I guess) than the ones on my first RS, but they feel horrid!

Went for a spin the other night, and had the rear slip out twice, and then the back end track a road repair mid-corner, messing my line right up.

Can't wait to ditch them - I don't rate them for road riding, they seem to have such a tiny operating window, and need track-day-esq thrashing to keep them up to temp; they also crap in the wet.

Usually go Michelin Road 5s, but I might go for Ross Corsa 2s this time, or S22s.

I was torn between the Road 5 and the S22. I have experience of S22 on my other bike (ZX6R) and love them for a spirited road ride and are consistent in varying real-world weather conditions. I also used to ride on a Pilot Road 4 and enjoyed them, but I prefer the S22 for the my usual riding. In the end, I've opted for the S22 as they'll last for Scotland fine for Scotland (they have quite hard centre patches for the mileage) and I'll enjoy it more on my day to day rides.

I've not ridden Supercorsa SP but have ridden SC on a track bike and can understand the narrow operating range. The S22 are nothing like that.

Associate
The laws around motorcycle noise in this country are odd. Technically my KTM isn't road legal from the factory as far as I can gather. Yet it has been approved for sale in this country. As per the stamp on the VIN plate it is 94Db at 4k rpm stock, while the limit apears to be 80Db + 6Db for engine noise (rattles and the like).

It has Akras fitted and is somewhat louder than stock but touch wood I've not had any trouble. Other than a couple of places refusing to MOT it without the standard system.

Man of Honour
The laws around motorcycle noise in this country are odd. Technically my KTM isn't road legal from the factory as far as I can gather. Yet it has been approved for sale in this country. As per the stamp on the VIN plate it is 94Db at 4k rpm stock, while the limit apears to be 80Db + 6Db for engine noise (rattles and the like).

It has Akras fitted and is somewhat louder than stock but touch wood I've not had any trouble. Other than a couple of places refusing to MOT it without the standard system.
I think the rules are whatever level it was type approved at, one of the Ducatis I forget which one is 100+ stock IIRC or 80db and then of course the MOT is just whatever the tester feels is reasonable for a bike of the type being tested.

Fitted it all in my lunch break, it's definitely a fair bit louder than the Arrow it replaced but then the Arrow appears to have a secondary cat built in which this one obviously doesn't. I have ordered a wrapped baffle to try it out.

Associate
I think the rules are whatever level it was type approved at, one of the Ducatis I forget which one is 100+ stock IIRC or 80db and then of course the MOT is just whatever the tester feels is reasonable for a bike of the type being tested.

Fitted it all in my lunch break, it's definitely a fair bit louder than the Arrow it replaced but then the Arrow appears to have a secondary cat built in which this one obviously doesn't. I have ordered a wrapped baffle to try it out.

Yeah if it's approved for sale in this country, you surely can't get a ticket or whatever for noise, though I don't know where the 80+6 comes into it in that case.

As for the Duke, I remember that last year, when Austria banned motorcycles over 95DB from certain roads, which funnily enough made the plods Multistrada's too noisy to be used there too. :D

Would love to hear how that triple purrs with that basically non existent silencer :p

Man of Honour
Yeah if it's approved for sale in this country, you surely can't get a ticket or whatever for noise, though I don't know where the 80+6 comes into it in that case.

As for the Duke, I remember that last year, when Austria banned motorcycles over 95DB from certain roads, which funnily enough made the plods Multistrada's too noisy to be used there too. :D

Would love to hear how that triple purrs with that basically non existent silencer :p
Ill see if I can get a decent sound clip over the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom