What do today's kids / teens make of Blur and Oasis?

On the music genre debate, I remember the 90s having dance and indie. Dance music starting out as house around 1985 meant that the mid-90s was still in the first 10 years of dance music. It properly kicked off around 1991 with different styles branching out. There was also the Madchester and Britpop scenes, with Blur and Oasis becoming 2 of the biggest bands of the 90s. People yearned for the 60s sound 30 years on, and it's happening again now with people now in the 2020s yearning for the 90s sound, hence this holy thread revival!

The 90's was drum and bass not Blur and Oasis, couldn't stand them at the time.

E: Of that ilk only the Stone Roses count for me but putting them in the same category is a bit of an insult to them.

E: E: Of course the 90's were also Nirvana/Foo Fighters/Prodigy...

E: E: Oh and of course deep dish house music for those post club 2-7am chill down hours :)

E: E: E: Blur and Oasis were a byline, there was such a variety of good music out there. :p

Lots of E's there. Ebeneezer Goode (just don't tell the parents!)

Getting tickets for this is going to be awful. Bet the scalpers are readying the bots as we speak.

Yeah I heard that hotel chains are cancelling room reservations that were booked pre-Oasis announcement and relisting them at three times the price. It's understandable if the hotels are targeting Oasis-goers, but it's unfair on those who booked those dates for another reason e.g. a wedding.

They must surely have some sort of legal agreement that if either of them bounce they get sued because I can't see them lasting an entire reunion before one of them punches the other.

If they don't well at least it will be funny.

Stranger things, guardian of the galaxy and queen has opened up a lot of 70s music to a younger audience. There's a lot of classic rock and hard rock around.

Back
Top Bottom