What do you guys do in the evenings after work?

Man of Honour
Qu’est-ce que le travail?
I quit more than six years ago, enough was enough.
I get up around 09.30-10.15, put up a pot of coffee, eat the tangerines, apples, mango, pineapple, and strawberries that I diced and sliced the night before, check emails, sometimes send WhatsApps to my grandkids, telling them how much I love them.
Then I brush my teeth, get some fresh boxers, socks, and a shirt, take a ten minute shower and get dressed.
Around midday, I’ll walk from Rotherhithe Tunnel, near my house, to London Bridge, cross the bridge and walk around the City, down alleys and courtyards, all the places that I couldn’t drive down when I drove a Black Cab.
If I’m feeling fit, I’ll walk along Fenchurch Street, down Lloyd’s Avenue, past Tower Gateway DLR station, cross Tower Bridge, and walk home along Tooley Street and Jamaica Road.
If I’m worn out, I’ll grab a 47 bus, and go home that way.
Maybe after more coffee, and some sushi, I’ll do a thirty minute circuit of Southwark Park, anything to keep down to 77-78 kilos, and a 90 cm waist.
Vacuum the place before management gets in, then play on the iPad or iMac, or if I’m bored, peel some potatoes and wash and cook some veg, ready for the enemy to cook some steaks or chops when she gets home.

Soldato
It really depends, my schedule is kinda hectic and by the time I get home I am usually beat.

However I do like to try and watch a movie with the missus and then if I get time play on the PC or a console for a hour or so.

My wife is usually exhausted as well after taxing the children around to school/after school clubs/homework....trying to be a responsible parent isn't glamorous.

Caporegime
I do 12 hour shifts. On days I'll eat after shift about 8ish when I get in and normally relax (games, tv, movie) and then sleep. On my nightshifts, I get in and pretty much go to sleep, except on my last nightshift where I stay awake so I can get back into a sleeping pattern, so it's mostly games all day as I'm too knackered to do anything useful. My days off are mostly taken up with cycling, cooking, or whatever else is on. I'm lucky I get most of my gym time in works time.

I do also have a swing shift, between days and nights so I get a day then to go cycling or whatever.

Soldato
Depends on the day as I have sports after work on Monday and Wednesday but usually something like:
Play/Feed/Bath/Bed time for the little one.
Prep and Cook Dinner.
Eat while catching up on TV series
Then either carry on watching TV with the misses or go upstairs and game
Bed

Associate
Go around to a friends house, watch footie / film / netflix or something. or have a drink. Don't play as many PC or console games as I used to. need a new rig.

I also have a few friends that make music, I like going down to the studio and watching and helping.

Soldato
No dogs/kids so we can do what we want. Depending on who is home first, one of us will cook dinner, followed by a quick tidy up. My partner is a teacher so there's marking and lesson planning going on in the lounge, so I'll be on the internet or gaming for an hour or so. Then I'll work out with some of the free weights at home, make myself a post workout snack, and then watch a movie or continue a series we're watching.

Before bed I always try to read for about half an hour or more, too.

All rather boring really but it keeps me going until the weekend comes round.

Soldato
Monday swim > Hone > Food > TV > Bed
Tuesday atheltics running club > Hone > Food > TV > Bed
Wednesday Swim > Hone > Food > TV > Bed > Sex
Thursday athletics running club or my own run > Hone > Food > TV > Bed > Sex
Friday horse related pony stuff > Hone > Food > TV > Bed > Sex

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Make a brew
Chill in garden / Lounge
Cook
TV / Chores
Game till 1am, say tomorrow i am going to have an early night.

Tomorrow

Repeat above, unless the Mrs has other ideas :)

Back
Top Bottom