• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
But there's always legions of The Army of the Unread, brainwashed corpo suckups, telling people to be grateful to their overlords for not staving to death.

No one us saying you should be grateful to shareholders of a company.

But they also owe you nothing.

Intel, AMD, Nvidia, inset your favourite company, only care about making money in the next 3-10 years and will do what they think achieves that goal.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you need the vRAM then just to RMA can be problematic as you don't know how fast they'll replace it or try to pull a clever one and return your money instead.
But even waiting to get a new GPU might mean days of no work, no income, nothing.

Exactly and I need both cards to do the work, being without one means can't work. Also if the RMA they can't fix it or replace it well game over and need to buy a new one if available or sell the one I have and buy 2 new 3090s again that match.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Sorry I know I sound like i'm ranting but I have been into computers since they were using 1K of ram.. do the maths how old I am. Also I have a feeling some arguing also are an age group younger and brainwashed by these companies and can't relate to why some of us older users are very unhappy about how the industry is going.

Yep.

Last edited:
Soldato
When they run out of warranty ?

You are stating the obvious mate, this I know but doesn't fix the issue later down with time and what NVIDIA has done with NVLINK on new generation cards. They have made them more expensive all cards with some sort of regression in features too, the 4090 is not a 3090 or 3090ti replacement for pro users as the 3090's were pro use cards with pro use features like NVLINK. Pay more for less now, yes performance up but VRAM same and a important feature for pro users gone now a feature that is an expensive one to even add to cards and the gpu dies removed now from the physical card and the gpus internal die circuitry.

The 4090 is a 4080/ti compared to last gen, this gen they really pulled a lot of fast ones and sold people on with fake 3x and 4x claims when they were doing their fake benchmarks with oranges and elephants.

Only people falling for it are people not aware what has been done or really in need of a new card so no choice but have to buy what they can afford and right for them.
Then why are you buying nvidia? Why dont you buy amd cards for your work? Im baffled honestly.

Soldato
Incredible how many people there are out there who suck up to big business and think all anyone is "entitled" to is not to be starving on the street if they work for a living. Hobby items like a decent PC, console, sports equipment, gym membership, craft and art supplies, yoga sessions etc should not be out the reach of ordinary working people, they are not luxuries, they are the fruits of hard work paying off. People are "entitled" to pursue interests outside of work, and have a reasonable standard of living with which to do so.

But there's always legions of The Army of the Unread, brainwashed corpo suckups, telling people to be grateful to their overlords for not staving to death.
Im sure 4k RT on at 200 fps which I called a luxury is akin to starving on the street. The strawmans in this thread are insane, and its funny that you don't realize every time you strawman someone you just prove his right and cant argue with what he is saying so you are making stuff up lol

Soldato
Then why are you buying nvidia? Why dont you buy amd cards for your work? Im baffled honestly.

You are kidding right ? You did see in a previous reply to you I said I need the cuda cores right ? Clue we use cuda code.

Bencher serious question how old are you mate and what field of work are you in ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Im sure 4k RT on at 200 fps which I called a luxury is akin to starving on the street. The strawmans in this thread are insane, and its funny that you don't realize every time you strawman someone you just prove his right and cant argue with what he is saying so you are making stuff up lol

Keep sucking up and melting down.

Last edited:
Soldato
You are kidding right ? You did see in a previous reply to you I said I need the cuda cores right ? Clue we use cuda code.

Sounds like nvidia underpriced their cards given you were making money off their cards and you have no other alternative.

I don't understand how so many people don't understand how business and pricing works.

I would also like cheaper cards, cheaper cars, cheaper houses.

Without going into details, I work for a services company. The amount we charge has little to do with costs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like nvidia underpriced their cards given you were making money off their cards and you have no other alternative.
That's exactly what i was gonna say, but it's pointless. Entitlement galore in this forum. There is a single company on the planet that make cards that do his job, and that company is supposed to sell those cards to purgatory for the prices he wants to pay. Insanity. Pure insanity.

Soldato
Keep proving how right i am :p

How do you compare 4k rt on 200 fps with starving on the streets, whats wrong with you man?

Literally no-one said that :cry:

It's your attitude, that of a corpo suck-up, everyone can see it. And everyone has also been watching you melt-down in this thread because people don't like your daddy corp. But you carry on melting down, it's cold outside so no need to touch grass until April.

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Literally no-one said that :cry:

It's your attitude, that of a corpo suck-up, everyone can see it. And everyone has also been watching you melt-down in this thread because people don't like your daddy corp. But you carry on melting down, it's cold outside so no need to touch grass until April.

;)
And now we went from strawmans to ad hominems. Keep proving me right buddy, im absolutely enjoying this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom