What do you usually have for breakfast

Underboss
work days :
1st thing in the morning : Large bowl of Muesli (NAS or salt) with semi skimmed milk and a cup of Tea
Work break (breakfast around 9am) : A large bowl of Kelloggs Fruit N Fibre

Day off :
Large bowl of Porridge with a bit of sugar and a Cup of Tea

Soldato
Since I stopped drinking and started lifting weights again a few weeks ago, I've gone from having either just a cup of tea or at best tea and toast (and quite often a cheap'n'nasty sandwich or pasty from the train station a bit later) to either:

1) Porridge (60g jumbo oats and a cup of skimmed milk) with 25g whey protein, two tbsp collagen peptides, 1 tbsp milled linseed, 1tbsp maca powder, a sliced banana and handful of grapes (and two vitamin D tablets).

Or

2) Three scrambled eggs, wholemeal toast and an avocado.

Depending on scheduled activity for that day.

Quite a contrast.

Soldato
I'm trying to hit 1000 cals for breakfast so I'm having around two bowls of muesli with full milk and sugar, two to three slices of toast with marmalade/jam, an egg and maybe a piece of fruit or fruit smoothie.

Quite impressed the amount of cals in simple toast, marg and jam.

Why do you want to reach 1000 Cals for breakfast?

Don
If I'm planning a long run that day then usually overnight oats.

If not, then either a bowl of cereal or some form of eggs with carbs (e.g. scrambled eggs on toast, egg sandwiches etc).

Soldato
I'm trying to hit 1000 cals for breakfast so I'm having around two bowls of muesli with full milk and sugar, two to three slices of toast with marmalade/jam, an egg and maybe a piece of fruit or fruit smoothie.

Quite impressed the amount of cals in simple toast, marg and jam.

2 McDonalds breakfasts should help you nail that target quite easily.

I'd normally have a small pot of greek yogurt + whatever fruit flavours they put in there, or porridge, or i'd normally eat Muesli in the office, although not had that in quite a while.

Man of Honour
5 egg omelette
Home made smoothie of 50g almonds, 200g blueberries, whole grapefruit, banana, apple, 30g whey isolate
Peanut butter bagel

Had that for years, basically make it on autopilot now

Associate
100g 0% Fat Natural Yogurt with 20g Chocolate Whey Protein to make it even half decent tasting. Usually washed down with black coffee no sugar.

Very low calorie but been on a very slow and steady weight loss for a while now and just about hitting a point where I can maintain. Liking the idea of porridge and whey protein though so might switch to that.

Back
Top Bottom