1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. NewGamer11

Wise Guy

Valerian - 5/10 (now available on Netflix)

Some good moments, cartoonish aesthetic is quite nice. I felt that the story was a bit baggy and the main lad was super annoying. Thought Cara was decent although her accent was a bit patchy.

2. Efour

Caporegime

Isle of dogs 8/10

I loved the start, it's bloody weird as you would expect from the director but I personally lost interest in the middle a bit. Nice ending.

Not a kid's film at all even with PG rating it will just go over their heads. We had kids in our showing. Stupid parents....

3. strumpusplunket

Mobster

Coincidental - that was the same day I decided to introduce my kids to Bill and Ted. I loved seeing it again after all these years. Kids commented that the special effects were terrible, but enjoyed it at least enough to ask when we can watch the sequel, so I take that as a success!

4. nands

Mobster

Might be watching that myself very soon. My kids laughed more during Bill and Ted than a lot of modern films. You don't need special effects!

5. sbweightman

Hitman

Rampage (2018) - 4/10

A mindless action film with a simple and predictable plot, cliché characters, passable acting and destructive action scenes.

The monster effects are great and the scenes with the ape at the beginning are really good, but it could have done with more humour – played straight, it’s not as entertaining or fun as it could have been, ending up flat and boring at times.

6. Infidelus

Wise Guy

A most bodacious movie :)

7. ThriceNightly

Wise Guy

I take delight in browsing movie recommendations on here......thoroughly enjoyed 8/10

Thankyou Sir will also check out Place Beyond the Pines

8. Converge

Mobster

Get Out - 6/10.

Not quite sure where the Oscar nominations for this came from. It's alright, enjoyable enough but nothing special. If they are dishing out Oscar nominations for slightly silly 'horror' films these days, then Tucker & Dale vs Evil should have won every award going when it was released as it's a far superior and fun film.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  9. D3K

Mobster

Shape of Water - 6.5/10

Suppressed all expectations given the oscar, but was still left a bit disappointed. Nice cast and good acting, nice cinematography, all round decent film, but very forgettable.

10. mrbazmondo

Hitman

Alien Covenant. There wasn't that much to it besides revealing one thing about the meta plot. For the most part very predictable.

11. Vern1961

Mobster

Star Wars - The Last Jedi. It honestly wasn't that bad, just a tad over long. Would rate 3.5/5.0. Obviously not a patch on Ep IV - VI but better than Phantom Menace (no po-faced pontificating and no comedy relief Jar Jar) and way better than Clone Wars.

Friday night - Ferdinand. Quite funny in places but very sanitized and watered down for the kiddies view of bull fighting and the culture surrounding it. Again, 3.5/5.0.

12. VincentHanna

Capodecina

My 7 year old niece enjoyed it. By all accounts it does work on that level as well, so a bit much to call the parents stupid.

Stupid is taking very young kids to a 12A

13. Efour

Caporegime

Sorry I meant the kids were being very loud and mum just let em go full pelt.
    It's half term and in a crappy part of London I should have expected it.

14. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Ah fair enough.

15. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

Wildling 5/10

Started off quite well and Brad Dourif was suitably creepy.

But soon descended into a bit of a cheese fest.

Not particularly good.

16. LackyT

Wise Guy

Ready Player One - 7/10

Not read the book, so no idea if the story is more complex, but I enjoyed it for what it was and the visuals were great.

Den of Thieves - 6/10

Borrows a lot from Heat, but it was entertaining and I always like a heist film.

17. Steedie

Man of Honour

The Ouija Experiment - 2/10

Fancied a horror film and found this on Netflix, the preview looked ok and I fancied something supernatural. Wow....It was horribly low budget and the acting was terrible. There was one part of the film that I'm guessing was meant to be its real creepy yet emotional twist...but it was just hilarious, proper laugh out loud moments (the really bad portrayal of a very mentally slow old man was probably it). I only stuck with it because I was kind of hooked on the bad effects and attempts at horror

Avoid

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  18. Talasour

Gangster

I watched 12 Strong last night.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  19. HumanShield

Soldato

Had the pleasure of taking the kids to see Early Man yesterday

Really nothing to shout home about, very average. Kids loved it, and the various football puns were enough to stop it from dragging too much for me. Thankfully quite short! 5/10.

20. BillHicksRIP

Wise Guy

A Quiet Place 9/10
    As good as a cinema experience I've had. Great concept, acting and story and bloody tense. Heart-in-the-mouth scenes and deserves to earn Get Out money. Excellent.