1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. rip-the-jacker

Mobster

My Friend Jeffery - 4/10

Was expecting a good build up to what Jeffery Dahmer became, but no..boring and very loosely put together.

2. darreny

Mobster

I thoroughly enjoyed the lobster. So different from the norm and not a single person I've recommended (convinced) this to has disliked it and have gone on to recommend (convince) others to watch it

3. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

Hmm, really? I actually quite liked this.

Although it wasn't a horror film as a lot of people were probably expecting, I thought it was quite creepy and disturbing.

4. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

I'd say sacred deer was a little weird, but not as weird as the lobster :p

Both really good films though :)

5. nands

Mobster

The Killing of a Sacred Deer - a lot of love for this at the moment and I will jump on the wagon too. It starts slowly with some oddly stilted conversations but builds up to be weirdly tense. Not as 'out there' as The Lobster but still distinctly odd. I loved it. 5/5

It's on Amazon Prime if anyone was looking for it.

6. Freakbro

Capodecina

Atomic Blonde 7.5 / 10

Really enjoyed this, far more than I was expecting from reading the general feedback.

7. VoG

Soldato

Valerian & the city of a thousand planets - 5/10, visually stunning but Delevingne & DeHaan were so over poweringly wooden & one dimensional they were a major distraction, they just could not carry the movie in any way, shape, or form, special mention has to go to DeHaan who spent the entire movie channeling Keanu Reeves as Neo from the Matrix & failing miserabley in the process, & it's got to be said it comes to some thing when your acted off the screen by a cgi character voiced by John Goodman who gets all of a couple of minutes of screen time early on in the movie.

8. x-st

Wise Guy

Hostiles 8/10 (although I'd maybe dock a point because of Rosamund Pike...probably unfair but I find the way just does weepy, wobbly damsel infuriating).

Enjoyable western that looked lovely, had a good cast with quite a few starring cameos, and was held together by Bale and the relationship he develops with his "captives". You know pretty much exactly what's going to happen from the outset, but the journey is as good as the destination. Worth a watch.

9. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

My friend absolutely hated this, it's so bad he wouldn't stop complaining about it….actually put me right off !

I suspect it's somewhere in the middle?

I did think the Lobster was good, but not the masterpiece some people say it is.

10. Begbie

Capodecina

I need to try this again, I turned it off after 20 minutes. But maybe I just wasn't in the mood at all, not just the movie. Infact I've done that with a lot of movies recently!

11. Katalyst

Gangster

Lord of war - 5/10

Wasn’t a bad movie, but wasn’t good either. Some typical Nicholas Cage moments and a pretty interesting story, since it’s based off true events.

12. nands

Mobster

The beginning is weird with very stilted and pretty painful conversations but as the film progresses the exchanges become more natural. I would persevere but I knew it would be odd so I waited until I was in the right mood to watch it. If you weren't in the mood it could be as bad as Raymond's friend says it is.

13. rip-the-jacker

Mobster

It was a little disturbing I agree there.. showing the becoming of who he was, I thought the acting was quite good for not a blockbuster funded movie.

14. Slam

Wise Guy

Valerian & the city of a thousand planets - I liked it for 20 mins, thought it was interesting quirky. But it got increasingly dull until the last 10 or so minutes. A disappointing 5/10

15. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Insidious - 7.5/10. OMG, i nearly pooped my pants.

Insidious 2 - 6/10. Disappointing after the first one and more comedy moments than scares :(

Insidious 3 - 7/10. Back on track almost.

Insidious - Last Key. This weekends viewing...................!!

16. HumanShield

Soldato

very average day for me yesterday!

Went to see Rampage, which as expected, was predictable & mindless. 5/10. Maybe would have been more if it weren't for the 'villains' being so badly acted.

Then watched Justice League, which was better than I was expecting. I've been avoiding watching it due to some friends having not much good to say about it, but was pleasantly surprised. 6/10

17. Freakbro

Capodecina

The Worlds End : 7/10

Huge fan of Saun of the Dead, didn't particularly like Hot Fuzz, and I'd class this one about in the middle of those two

18. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

What utterly ruins this film is the two appalling lead actors. Zero chemistry between them, supposedly in love but spend most of the movie behaving like they hate each other. The girl is especially bad and blatantly cannot act at all.

A shame as it had some decent ideas and was very nice visually.

19. Scam

Capodecina

Mercury 13 - 5/10.

Having (sort of) recently read The Right Stuff and very much looking forward to First Man I thought this would be an interesting side story. It was nicely done, but felt it was a bit lacking in content/depth. I just don't feel that I learnt much more than the logline, having watched the whole thing :p Anyway, it's 1hr20 on Netflix, so good for a quick evenings watch.

20. MCMLX

Gangster

Geralds Game,

Watched this on Netflix after seeing it in a list of "Dark" films on Netflix and I am glad I did, a cracking film based on a Stephen King story. Well worth watching.