What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Border 8/10

Bonkers swedish film about a trollesque lady. One of the most bizarre scenes in a movie i have ever seen. Was very interesting though and i reccomend tou guys catch it when its released on blu ray/ digital.

I enjoyed this too, weird in that typically Nordic way, but it works somehow.

Yeah I didn't get the nuances of titanic :)

To be fair, it was a very subtle film.

Soldato
Sicario day of the soldado

7/10

Didn't care much for the first one which was more drama than thriller and way too slow paced, this one was much better with still drama but more thriller and a better pacing

Caporegime
Us. 7/10

Creepy doplegangers kill lots of people.
It's fine, scares enough, few icky moments but a finale twist which you knew was coming from 3mins into the film let it down a touch.
Never really becomes super tense and sometimes it felt comedic too far.

Associate
Five feet apart, was ok enjoyed it but we have unlimited cards if i had to spend £12 a ticket would not have given it a chance.

Fighting with my family we all loved it, thought it was a fun film and mywife and myself could not stop laughing at my mum who during the wrestling scenes was on the edge of her seat gesturing for paige .

Going to watch Dumbo and Us tonight.

Caporegime
How is he supposed to get his post count up if he does that?

Giving up on Ready Player One after a rather specific 21 minutes is weird.

I don't mind if people given up a movie but they should not pass judgment on it until they watched it til the end credits roll. Especially after 20mins, think of all the classics after 20mins. Alien (have they even seen the egg yet?), Die Hard (the first fun shot probably hasn't fired), The Godfather (is Michael the head of the family yet?) etc etc.

They can give up if they want but then they lose all rights to pass judgment along with it.

Soldato
I don't mind if people given up a movie but they should not pass judgment on it until they watched it til the end credits roll. Especially after 20mins, think of all the classics after 20mins. Alien (have they even seen the egg yet?), Die Hard (the first fun shot probably hasn't fired), The Godfather (is Michael the head of the family yet?) etc etc.

They can give up if they want but then they lose all rights to pass judgment along with it.

Well they can judge it, but if they give up after 20 minutes, then you know how much weight to put on their judgement. If someone found a film so bad they had to give up, that still tells you something, even if you then decide it's got very little value to you.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Because you said so, right?

Give over. If a film is crap and people turn off within 20mins and pass 'judgement' on it for the time watched, then that's fine.

You can judge the time that you watch but how can you judge what you haven’t watched?

You can’t.

End Game is crap because I watched 1min of it (trailer), it tells me nothing and crap story. That’s valid according to you?

Soldato
Yes of course. I'm sure you'll accept that people do this a lot in real life.

Haven't seen End Game, i'll be sure to catch the 1 min trailer.

I should not judge a person within the first few minutes of meeting them, instead, I should spend the rest of my life with them and then pass judgement. Right?

Anyway, I'll not derail anymore, i'm sure you'll indulge yourself in the final say ;)

Caporegime
Yes of course. I'm sure you'll accept that people do this a lot in real life.

Haven't seen End Game, i'll be sure to catch the 1 min trailer.

I should not judge a person within the first few minutes of meeting them, instead, I should spend the rest of my life with them and then pass judgement. Right?

Anyway, I'll not derail anymore, i'm sure you'll indulge yourself in the final say ;)

Agree to disagree then.

Soldato
20 minutes was more than enough for me to give up on Ready Player One. It was pants.

Especially after 20mins, think of all the classics after 20mins. Alien (have they even seen the egg yet?), Die Hard (the first fun shot probably hasn't fired), The Godfather (is Michael the head of the family yet?) etc etc.

What a **** poor argument. It's got nothing to do with what has happened yet. It has everything to do with building up expectations of what is to come. I can't believe I'm having to spell this out to a fully grown adult. :/

Caporegime
20 minutes was more than enough for me to give up on Ready Player One. It was pants.

What a **** poor argument. It's got nothing to do with what has happened yet. It has everything to do with building up expectations of what is to come. I can't believe I'm having to spell this out to a fully grown adult. :/

It is a perfectly valid argument. 2001 Space Oddessey, what does the first 20mins tell you?

You can make a judgment on the 20mins that you've watched, but can't really make a judgment on what you haven't. I can't believe I have to explain this to a fully grown adult. :/

Caporegime
I'm entirely with Raymond Lin here

I value my time, I drop TV shows like a stone if they are a pile of crap. But I can count on one hand the amount of movies I didn't watch until the very end because they were ****, and even then I watched to the halfway mark.

Back
Top Bottom