1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. azazl187

Wise Guy

Bohemian Rhapsody. 8 out of 10 for me. Really good pace to the movie, that's all I can say.

2. tek81

Wise Guy

Aliens - One of the few films that I can watch multiple times and still enjoy it. Classic sci-fi horror, that, in my mind at least, is where the Alien franchise ended. 8/10.

3. JRS

Capodecina

Ford v. Ferrari.

A little part of me was concerned that this movie was going to suck. I needn't have worried - it was great. Is it 100% faithful to history? Nah. Same as Rush, some events are missed out, some compressed, the odd bit pretty much mangled for the sake of dramatic licence. But that doesn't matter, because the film treats its subjects with enough reverence.

Bale and Damon play their respective roles well, in fact the whole cast are on-point. The racing scenes are well done, with only minor breaks from the laws of our physical universe - though the age-old 'put your foot down harder when already going flat out' trope crops up :p It's a 9/10 for me.

Side note - I had to go check the cast list after, because I was sure I recognised who was playing Dan Gurney. Turns out I was bang on - it's Alex Gurney, his youngest son and a pretty handy racecar driver in his own right :)

4. VincentHanna

Capodecina

It's called Le man's 66 here.

I just saw it as well and I agree it was very enjoyable and those 2 1/2 hours blew by without me checking my watch. Not sure how accurate it was, I imagine there wasn't a specific smarmy Ford executive trying to undermine them at every stage for instance. Bale's accent was off as well.

One thing that I thought was amusing, is that
    Shelby was cheating slightly when he took the Ferarri stop watches and dropped a bolt outside the pit - In any other film they would be the villains for that sort of behavior.

8/10 from me.

5. neviditelny

Wise Guy

I'm really excited for that one. I've only seen the first trailer as I want to stay away from too much spoiler from the movie but I'm in love with that trailer. Looks soo good.

6. Muban

Soldato

It's really a 9+ maybe even a 10, but I prefer to give a film more than one watch before saying a film is a 10. You won’t be disappointed. It’s going to be a long wait until January when I can watch( it again.

7. Freakbro

Capodecina

The King - 6.5/10

Enjoyable, though not historically accurate, romp about Henry V

Seven Psychopaths - 6.5 / 10

Mainly watched it on the back of being written & directed by Martin McDonagh [love In Bruges and 3 Billboards]. You could definitely tell the dialogue was his and it had flashes of his brilliance, but overall wasn't as good as the two aforementioned films.

8. McBain

Capodecina

Midway.

It was worth a watch purely for the battle scenes but my god some of the acting and parts of the script were terrible.

9. Gunni Parker

Wise Guy

Locke - 9.5/10 probably the most original film I've seen. Not sure about the Welsh accent, but, as always, Tom Hardy was amazing.

10. ThriceNightly

Wise Guy

Joker A Self contained character piece No CGI
    Very well done loved it...watched Saturday & still thinking about now
    9/10

[​IMG]

11. Wizzfizz

Capodecina

Criminal

Thought it was quite good, with a good cast a plot. Reminded me of Faceoff

7/10

12. Jokester

Don

Midway 7/10
    Enjoyed this more than I expected I would, more Tora Tora Tora than Pearl Harbour.

13. Freakbro

Capodecina

Le Mans 66 - 8/10

Yep, very enjoyable petrol head film, the only real downside is Bales God awful English accent :D

(Rush was better though)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  14. Jama

Associate

Don Jon
    6/10

Gave it 6 points for Scarlett Johansson

15. checjb

Wise Guy

Gemini Man. 5/10. Not as bad as I had heard it was. It passed a couple of hours. There were a couple of times where the CGI work was criminal. Mostly the de-aging of Smith is excellent but there are some times (esp the last scene) where it gets fully 'uncanny valley'. In addition there are two fight scenes (motorbike and catacombs) were the level of CGI is on a par with the infamous Neo v Smith fight in the second Matrix film. Rubber physics anyone? Overall though, it kept me interested and the wife stayed awake. :)

16. Munky1080

Wise Guy

I caught Le Mans '66 last night and my lord, what a hidden gem that was! I'm not a massive petrolhead, but clearly know about Shelby, Iochoka (sp?) and knew a bit about the story of the GT40 from the expose they did on Top Gear a few years ago, so I wasn't sure how I'd like it. I didn't have to worry, Damon and Bale were amazing, and personally I think Bale really stole the show. He's definitely one of the best actors out there right now.

Can't recommend enough for those with even just a passing interest in cars - I give it a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 :)

17. NoobCannon

Mobster

watched this last night. Is an easy 8/10 from
    Me

18. Marvt74

Capodecina

Christ, i've got sweaty palms just from the trailer!

19. booyaka

Capodecina

honestly - amazing film - watch it.

20. Maximum Triceratops

Mobster

I watched it the other night, can confirm. Great watch. How they grip on what looks like nothing is crazy.