What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Sherpa - 8/10

Docu-film on the Everest Sherpa's. Some of the people that climb Everest are entitled arses.
The guy that compared the Sherpa's to terrorists and a Sherpa Strike to 9/11... Wow.

Caporegime
Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie - Mugen Ressha-hen (Demon Slayer: Mugen Train.)

Biggest ever anime movie in Japan, more than Kimi no na wa…I still prefer Your Name.

Good, amazing looking (They have bokeh effects!), but it's more like a 6 episode arc in 1 movie. It's not better than the actual series, more a continuation and flow from it on the same level. The show is already amazing so this too is on that level, it's amazing in that respect but Your Name, as a stand alone movie, self contained movie, that's better.

Associate
Without Remorse - Not familiar with the books or the games so I took it at face value. Started off promising then it got a bit boring. I thought Michael B Jordan was good, Jamie Bell and Jodie Turner-Smith were ok too. 5/10

Soldato
Sherpa - 8/10

Docu-film on the Everest Sherpa's. Some of the people that climb Everest are entitled arses.
The guy that compared the Sherpa's to terrorists and a Sherpa Strike to 9/11... Wow.

One of the yanks when talking to the owner of the company about the sherpa protesters, says can't you speak to their owner. I had to rewind to make sure I'd heard him correctly.

Soldato
American Pickle was on Prime so gave that a watch 6/10 it had real moments of laugh out loud humour. It's a pleasant little film but the script isn't quite good enough to push it into the good or great category. I like Seth Rogen in both roles I thought the idea was amusing it poked fun nicely but just didn't pull enough of the right strings to lift it to the next level. A pleasant way to kill an evening no more.

Also regarding the earlier Alien franchise comments. Resurrection may be utter tosh but at least it doesn't utterly undermine the franchise like Prometheus and Covenant.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sherpa - 8/10

One of the yanks when talking to the owner of the company about the sherpa protesters, says can't you speak to their owner. I had to rewind to make sure I'd heard him correctly.

I mean its about $100k to climb Everest all said and done and no serious mountaineer actually gives too many ***** about it because its essentially a procession. Its no wonder that it attracts arrogant, entitled ***** who think they are Billy big ******** if they get carried up it by Sherpas. So much of the danger with Everest is the sheer number of people trudging up it. Its a expensive lottery.

Associate
Boss Level - Quite enjoyed it. A dit daft but sometimes that's exactly what I want. However...
I very much dislike ambiguous endings. Did him going into the machine stop the end of the world or not? I want to be told a story, not have to make one up myself.
7/10

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Cosmic Sin.

Absolutely rubbish. 0/10.

Acting was ok, special effects are pretty bad (the bad guys are a joke) and my five year old could write a better story :p

Soldato
Just got done watching The King's Choice, solid 7.5/10 great WW2 film about the 1st 3 days of Norways entrance into the conflict

It was this clip on youtube that got me interested in watching it

Soldato
Nobody - Very enjoyable for what you could classify as a Nick Cage / John Wick love child.

Call of the wild - The cgi dogs really took away any emotional attachment on this one and cheapened the whole experience, if you can switch off to that then it becomes ok, otherwise its on par with the Disney remakes, tempted to watch the 72 version now though.

Associate
Yeah, the Mrs was like "Did I hear that right?". I think it was the same guy that called them terrorists lol. I couldn't believe they were transporting things like televisions up too!

Soldato
American Pickle was on Prime so gave that a watch 6/10 it had real moments of laugh out loud humour. It's a pleasant little film but the script isn't quite good enough to push it into the good or great category. I like Seth Rogen in both roles I thought the idea was amusing it poked fun nicely but just didn't pull enough of the right strings to lift it to the next level. A pleasant way to kill an evening no more.

I enjoyed American Pickle way more than i expected too.

We watched a few over the weekend.

Fear of Rain
Promising Young Woman
Things Heard & Seen

All were actually pretty good and i'd recommend any of them.

Back
Top Bottom