What film did you watch last night?

Associate
My wife and I watched most of it and, although it was well acted and had a great cast, we found it meandering, pointless, self-indulgent and boring. Eventually we turned it off and read instead. Felt like an absolute waste of an hour. I won't bother watching the rest.
Oh, and the Bruce Lee segment just seemed like a needless insult to the man.

Fair enough I can respect that opinion, the last hour does tie it together but I think I enjoyed the 60's atmosphere and look as much as anything, plus already knowing the background story in detail.

As for Bruce Lee, seems Tarantino may have based that on an alleged incident of stuntman and early MMA pioneer Gene LeBell being bought in to out grapple Bruce after Bruce was rough striking with some stuntmen, that may or may not be true, definitely not as the movie portrayed it, and certainly not as confirmed as Gene LeBell doing much the same to Steven Segal many years later.

Don
I prefer John Wick 3 to 2, it's got a bit more to it. I just found 2 an endless stream of JW double tapping people in the head that just kept running up to him. At least 3 had Halle Berry and the dogs extra to that.

My wife and I watched most of it and, although it was well acted and had a great cast, we found it meandering, pointless, self-indulgent and boring. Eventually we turned it off and read instead. Felt like an absolute waste of an hour. I won't bother watching the rest.
Oh, and the Bruce Lee segment just seemed like a needless insult to the man.

You should have stuck it out, it has one of the best movie endings I have seen in recent times.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Conan the Destroyer.

While I love the original film and will watch it ever so often I always avoided watching the 2nd movie and after watching it last night I’ve no idea why. Yes it’s not as good as the original and it does look a bit dated now in parts but I was never bored and had fun watching Arnold as Conan again. Ultimately I would put it in the Die Hard 2 /Ghostbusters 2 category, a good film on its own merits but as its is a sequel to a classic they were always going to struggle to make something as good as the original.

Soldato
You should have stuck it out, it has one of the best movie endings I have seen in recent times.

I am not convinced this isn't just in contrast to the tedium of the preceding 2 hours.
I really enjoyed seeing DiCaprio act and act within act, and so on and so forth.
It was a masterclass without pretending to be one.
Plot dull, concept tired, duration tediously long, ending expected.
He's not the director he thinks he is, he's just a filmophile who knows everything about every old film, and the interactions of movie history, and while this can make some scenes play out well, it doesn't in this case.

Soldato
Another vote for the Rapace trilogy, although Finchers version is very good.
Yeah, I really like both. The Fincher version looks amazing, the cinematography and soundtrack is ace.
I like Noomi Rapace’s Lisbeth, but I find Rooney Mara much easier on the eye :D
Shame Fincher didn’t do the other two as well.

Less said about the new books and ‘other’ film the better. I’d genuinely forgotten the latest film existed until I’d started this reply, it’s that forgettable.

Back
Top Bottom