What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Bumblebee - Was fine as a kids' movie, and I was watching it with my youngest daughter. A bit heavy on the 80s nostalgia. She wants to watch the Transformers movies now. 6/10

Transformers - A long time since I last watched this, still fun. Youngest daughter liked it too. Shame they go downhill from there. 8/10

F9 - Now, I'm the first to admit I have a high threshold for poor movies. I can easily turn off my brain for a couple of hours and not get nit-picky or overanalyse them. I've quite enjoyed the Fast Saga thus far, but this was just bad. I mean, really, really bad! 2/10

Man of Honour
:D
Classic Lynch.

I said to my wife and about a third of the way in that it's going to be one of those films you watch thinking it'll all tie together at the end, but it doesn't.

And it didn't.

Not that it bothers me and we both watched until the end without falling asleep, so it must have had something going for it.

Reading afterwards that it was originally conceived as a TV show and then the network didn't want it, so he went back and finished it as a movie sort explains why so much of the narrative is ambiguous and leaves you to make up your own mind.

I never watched Twin Peaks either, but I do think I've watched Blue Velvet and Wild Heart back in the day on VHS. But I can't really remember anything about them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Intersect (Amazon Prime)

Not really sure how to rate it! The misses and I both looked at each other at when it ended with the same 'what the hell' expression!

It's essentially a movie about time travel, but there didn't really seem like much time travel in it.

Soldato
I said to my wife and about a third of the way in that it's going to be one of those films you watch thinking it'll all tie together at the end, but it doesn't.

And it didn't.

Not that it bothers me and we both watched until the end without falling asleep, so it must have had something going for it.

Reading afterwards that it was originally conceived as a TV show and then the network didn't want it, so he went back and finished it as a movie sort explains why so much of the narrative is ambiguous and leaves you to make up your own mind.

It's also got a bloody horrid jump scare that is surprisingly effective, while not seeming that good when seen in isolation and out of context.

Back
Top Bottom