What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Red Notice - 6/10 - it's all been said really, the leads are just playing their typical selves but it works. I like Reynolds anyway and this just gave more of the humour i've come to expect. There is nothing exceptional about the movie but it was a nice inoffensive humorous way to spend a few hours.

Probably in a minority but I had a genuine chuckle as he was whistling the Indiana Jones theme.

Soldato
No Time To Die - 8/10

Really enjoyed it, although maybe dragged on a little longer than I like for a movie at 2hr 40ish.
Watched this at the weekend. Found it a bit "meh" to be honest. Quite liked the introduction of the female 007 but the plot was so similar to every other Bond movie and especially the Daniel Craig ones. Can't help but feel it's had its day and whilst it wasn't an unenjoyable 2.5 hours I wouldn't rate it any more than 5/10. Preferred Skyfall.

Soldato
Last night we watched Red Notice. 6/10 just switch off mentally and let it run.

I loved this movie. I'm not even sure why.... I think it's the moody way it went about its story line. Pitt plays dead pan very well

I wanted it to be good but I just couldn't get along with it.

Soldato
Boiling Point 8/10

Film shot entirely in one take, a look at a busy high end restaurant. The format makes it surprisingly tense to watch.

Caporegime
Spider-man 6/10

Really not aged well. The start is good with the origin story but the Green Goblin is just dire, he looks and acts like a Power Rangers villain. The bits with Dafoe alone in the mansion work well and the character scenes are ok but the fights are painfully bad.

Man of Honour
The Finest Hours (2016)

Based on the true story of one of the US Coast Guard's most daring rescues. Two oil tankers split in two during the same storm off the New England coast.

Quite enjoyed this and so did my wife. I didn't know anything about it before hand nor the how the real life rescue attempts turned out, so that kept the drama and tension up all the way to the end.

Currently on Disney+

7/10

Soldato
Shang-Chi 9/10

Overall I was impressed with the fight scenes and Tony Leung. I think he carried the movie really well, I didn't know what to expect as I had no previous knowledge of this part of the MCU. Is the ending something people expected (with Wang/CM/Banner?)

Soldato
Venom - There Will Be Carnage - 5/10

I quite enjoyed the first Venom movie, it mostly worked and was a fun romp so with the inclusion of Carnage on this, I had high'ish hopes.

I was bored about 45 minutes in, it's only really worth watching for the schizophrenic back and forth between Eddie and Venom, Carnage is only there in name and appearance and bears virtually no resemblance to the comic incarnation. Stephen Graham clearly just starring to grab an easy pay check and his accent kept slipping back to scouse which was jarring.

If this is the best Andy Serkis can do as a director, i've no interest in anything he does next.

Back
Top Bottom