What film did you watch last night?

Commissario
I've just finished watching Gremlins on blu-ray (all of a pound at Tesco yesterday!).

I'd give it a 7, possibly 8 on the fun films from my childhood scale :)
It still holds up pretty well now and was making me smile at various bits.

Soldato
6.7? You must have given it a lot of thought to come up wit that score ;) :D

Anyway, I thought it was by far the weakest X film to date..6/10 from me.

i did give it a lot of thought. it was good that they decided to make it but it's a bit behind in the rest of the genre now and why bother showing wolverine at all?

Soldato
You suck! :(

Anyway, my latest film was Unleashed (aka Danny the Dog)
It's a really touching story IMO. I really liked it and the action is great too. Plus Jet Li, Morgan Freeman and Bob Hoskins! Really good film.

Commissario
Fast Times at Ridgemond High.

Not sure whar rating to to it, probably about a 7, I think that's the first time I saw it (bought because it's been recommended a number of times to me, and the blu-ray was cheap on pre-order).
Overall I think a good film with a good soundtrack and some good pretty solid characters.
I was a little surprised to see the GF from Gremlins in it (Pheobe Cates) :)

Next up on the LA movie front is likely to be Animal House, followed by Gran Turino (had that for months on blu. but not watched the disc as I caught it on Sky not long before picking up the Eastwood directors set for ~£18).

Soldato
Knowing. With Nicolas Cage.

I really enjoyed this actually. Bit different to the normal run of the mill films. Some of the scenes in it were very well executed.

would be interested in any other recommendations of similar films as I really enjoyed that.

7.5/10

Soldato
Source Code with Jake Gylenhall.

Not bad but thats the only height it really gets to not bad. It would have been a lot better if a lot of the back stories were explored in the film like his relationship with his Dad, how he met the girl, his time in Afghanistan. As it stood, I felt the film was a little too predictable.

6/10 from me

Back
Top Bottom