What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Watched Django Unchained a few days ago. First time - was superb

Also watched King Solomon's Mines, a fairly low budget Indiana Jones knock-off. Early Sharon Stone role. Was actually quite fun, but noticeably crap :D

And yesterday watched Bright. Wasn't great, but was at least interesting. Wouldn't mind seeing more from that universe if Netflix make another.
You gotta watch the prequel, Lost city of gold, just as good :D

Associate
Not last night but both recently.

Ready Player One & Infinity War, 9/10 for both. Popcorn movies done right. Looks and sounds amazing in 4k HDR and Atmos with a good home cinema set up. Pure escapism which I want after a hard days work.

Soldato
Avengers infinity war 7/10

I have to admit, I'm getting fed up with all the Marvel / superhero films. They all seem to be so similar and all blur into one.

This was one of the better ones though, I have to say. My biggest issue was the sheer amount of characters they have tried to cram in. But overall it was an enjoyable romp although far from the all time classic that the IMDb score would have you believe.

Associate
Severance and Wind River. The former a good old fashioned Brit comedy slasher/horror, about a team building event gone wrong, with
Tim McInnerny and Danny Dyer having a load of fun, and the latter something that totally bypassed my radar, but that I enjoyed a fair amount although I didn't feel the desolation as much as I expected. Great sense of closure though and I'd rate as a high 7.

Soldato
Watched two films recently, both of the special effects overload, turn off your brain genre.

Pacific Rim Uprising: 5/10. I understand why some people here didn't like it. But, I thought it looked great, the sound was fantastic and Charlie Day played his character brilliantly. The time watching the movie just flew by. All in all a pretty enjoyable movie. Why only 5/10? The main draw of the movie is Giant Robots fighting monsters or other Giant Robots and I didn't think the fight scenes were that good. Certainly not as good as the first movie did.

Rampage: 6/10. It started off pretty good, thought the Wolf was really cool. Then it got pretty dull and stupid, but saved by a rocking fight scene at the end. Plus I am a fan of the Rock's movies so I tend to score them a bit higher. It's mindless stuff, but, come on, who would be expecting anything else??

Soldato
Justice League 4/10 not truly awful but struggles to be average. Way too much CGI, Batman and Superman aren’t quite right in the DCEU, Flash was good the villain and plot shonky as anything. Every DC film makes them look amateur compared to Marvel. Glad I watched it on Sky and didn’t waste my cash at the cinema.

Soldato
Had a Marvel catch up over the past two nights with GotG2, Spiderman and Thor.

It's taken me ages to get round to the this as I entered a bit of a Marvel malaise post Doctor Strange and to be honest, I wish I hadn't bothered. These films are just bore fests. I couldn't give a **** about the characters. It's drivel. There's nothing exciting with these any more, it's just the same over and over again. Sorry Black Panther and Avengers:IW, I just cba investing that time on something so shallow.

Caporegime
Caught.
This excellent movie has received a torrent of thoroughly undeserved abuse on IMDB, so I think it deserves a shout out.

British journalists Andrew and Julie live in a comfortable Sussex cottage with their children Emily and Toby. Following the flop of their recent book, they are desperate to find a new story for their editor.

Intrigued by recent military activity on the local moor, they start to assemble what might just be a major exposé of nefarious shenanigans. Their suspicions are further aroused when two strange visitors knock at the door, seeking answers to questions they may or may not be able to answer.

Set in 1972 for reasons that are not immediately clear until later in the plot, Caught is the kind of Jamie Patterson film that makes you thankful for indie directors. With a running time just shy of 85 minutes, and a highly ambitious cast of 7, Caught packs a surprising amount of narrative into its sharp, increasingly violent screen time.

The standout performer is Cian Barry, who absolutely nails every scene with what I can only describe as an Oscar-worthy performance.

I rate Caught at 26.64 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a feisty 8/10 on IMDB.

Soldato
Well I finally watched Infinity war last night to end a pretty epic four night run of marvel films. This was miles ahead of the others.
Solid 9/10 for a comic book movie

Soldato
Well I finally watched Infinity war last night to end a pretty epic four night run of marvel films. This was miles ahead of the others.
Solid 9/10 for a comic book movie

I've done the same as you.

CA: Civil War;- great fight scenes and story with humour - 7.5/10
Thor Ragnarok;- again great fight scenes and the music was epic - 8/10
Avengers: Infinity War;- they all just seems to have great fight scenes and the humour is always a bonus 9/10

Associate
Had a Marvel catch up over the past two nights with GotG2, Spiderman and Thor.

It's taken me ages to get round to the this as I entered a bit of a Marvel malaise post Doctor Strange and to be honest, I wish I hadn't bothered. These films are just bore fests. I couldn't give a **** about the characters. It's drivel. There's nothing exciting with these any more, it's just the same over and over again. Sorry Black Panther and Avengers:IW, I just cba investing that time on something so shallow.

I think I feel pretty similar about all the Marvel stuff, it was great but now I'm just not sure I care enough. Still haven't seen Dr Strange, Thor:Ragnarok or Black Panther and I'm not going to watch infinity War till I've seen them. Who knows, may never happen. I've gone back through Star Trek TNG of late, I'd forgotten how much I love it.

Associate
The Meg (2018) - 2/10

A bad film with few redeeming features.

The plot is functional but very derivative, the dialogue is stilted and corny, and the cast are wooden and stereotyped.

As the film progresses, it gets more and more stupid, with no suspense or tension and pathetically poor attempts at comedy.

The underwater scenes at the start are good as they are beautiful and atmospheric and although the sharks look menacing, the special effects aren’t that spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom