What game did you play last?

Associate
Bought patchwork for Christmas after reading your post and really good, have you played Paris yet?
Glad you enjoy Patchwork! Did you go for the christmas theme or the original?

Sorry it's been quite a few months now since you wrote this, I have played about 5 round of Paris I'd say. It plays very differently to Patchwork, has a lot more room for strategy since there are different tiles with wildly different mechanisms for scoring. For myself, Patchwork is something you can bring to the table and it be a very relaxed game where it can feel like both people are playing their own game whereas with Paris it is far more direct in terms of playing against your opponent. As well as choosing from the same pile of tiles like Patchwork, you're also placing tiles on the same board so immediately you're screwing each other over. There is then a limited amount of 'special abilities' which you're both in direct competition for.

If you like the tile placing aspect but would like more direct competition then I'd definitely recommend!

img

img

Associate

I just got normal one and i usually loose to my wife. I don't seem to be able to win whatever I do.

We like ticket to ride a lot so have that and the other versions.

Man of Honour
Bad Amazon! Evil Amazon!

Pandemic Hot Zone
Catan
Cartographers
Plague Inc

All on offer and ordered....

Also picked up a few game playmats for cheap locally. 7 Wonders, Century Spice Road, Mystic Vale and just some blank ones.

Associate
Carcasonne, Quacks of Quedlinburg and Everdell recently for me. Good family stuff. Have a pile of games still in the shrink wrap, including Jaws of Doom, which looks a bit intimidating.

Associate
Nice. I keep looking at the Terraforming Mars playmats but I've been comfort buying games throughout the pandemic, so holding off for now :p
I've been looking at the Everdell playmats. Can't justify 17 quid each on a few, as nice as they are. I did shell out for the BGG Quacks chips though. I quite like all the extra stuff you can get, but it doesn't half rack up.

Soldato
Went to a friends last week. Played outside as it was a really nice evening. Just the two of us that night.
Scythe (My game and pretty good at it but I lost)
Santorini (First game, it was his and I lost twice)
Azul (his game again and I lost again, played a few time a few weeks back)

He is a pretty competitive player and is good at games. He seems to grasp the way games play after a few minutes and just beats everyone. I don't mind losing, I have equal win/losses against my wife and a few other players but I have never won ANY GAME against him.

Soldato
Not touched any games since lockdown started last year as we couldn't have friends over.

Played a couple games of Pandemic: Iberia. Lost the first as we had to get back into the swing of it, won the second on the last turn.

Started playing Seafall. Its a legacy game about sailing the sea and gaining resources so your province becomes powerful. Only done the prologue and there seemed to be a lot of rules but just before the end, we finally understood. Then the game resets effectively after that so my careful build up was for nothing, but we have named some characters, ships and islands. Might as well keep on theme for the future.

Associate
Hogwarts battle. Managed to introduce.my wife to deck builders, once she got over the initial confusion she's really taken to it. Might try to get her on a Legendary game next

Man of Honour
Hogwarts battle. Managed to introduce.my wife to deck builders, once she got over the initial confusion she's really taken to it. Might try to get her on a Legendary game next

Mystic Vale is a good take on deck builder. You keep the same number of cards in your deck throughout the game, but the cards can be upgraded. It's a good fun game. Nothing particularly complex. They have milked the expansions a little bit though.

Associate
My parents visited so we got a few games in; Bananagrams, Qwirkle, Coatl, Parks, Arboretum, Silver and Gold, Cartographers , Mandala Stones, The Initiative, Gizmos and we started Fort but were too tired to take in the rules.

Back
Top Bottom