What game did you play last?

Soldato
Finished Pandemic Legacy season 0.
A different feel to seasons 1 & 2 (play those first) and I highly recommend it.
Really enjoyed it, final month was actually really easy and we finished with over 800 pts. Bit of a dip in late summer where we struggled due to luck of the draw. Some great touches and mechanics and the job role /identity was really well done.

Soldato
OP
Finished Pandemic Legacy season 0.
A different feel to seasons 1 & 2 (play those first) and I highly recommend it.
Really enjoyed it, final month was actually really easy and we finished with over 800 pts. Bit of a dip in late summer where we struggled due to luck of the draw. Some great touches and mechanics and the job role /identity was really well done.

Finished season 1 and was planning to do season 0 next as heard mixed things about season 2 and saying it doesn't feel like a pandemic game, just started playing Gloomhaven with my partner, so far seems to be the perfect game to get set up in advance ready for when the time allows

Associate
Couple of updates from my last few sessions:

Over Halloween, we played Horrified which is a cooperative game where you're chasing around classic movie monsters who are wreaking havoc across a town, it's got a bunch of household names like dracula, the wolf man, creature from the deep. I loved this game, can't recommend enough.

Then at a recent boardgame cafe we played a couple of new ones for myself:
Spicy - Bluffing card game, reminded me a lot of the card game Cheat.
Just One - It was fun but we only had 4 players and it felt like it would play better at 5+.
Cockroach Poker - Played a very quick game of this, I think since we'd played a few round of Spicy already that we were a bit tired of the bluffing aspect, will be bringing it to the table again though not as the second bluffing game of the day.

Next games I want to play are:
- Camel Up
- Quacks of quedlinburg

If you have any other suggestions for games for 4-6 people which can be played in an hour max, please let me know!

Soldato
Played Memoir 44 for the first time and really enjoyed it, first Pegasus Bridge mission was a bit one sided but rest have so far been good.

Also played a game of Splendor with my family and is also good fun (got the Marvel version).

Am still loving Secrets too, there are probably games that do it better, but I just love Secrets, a good little game for 4-6 players, it still works with 3 players but infinitely better with 4-6.

Man of Honour
Picked up a couple of games at a bring and buy at FBGcon this weekend. Terraforming Mars (with Prelude expansion and 2 layer player boards) and Fallout with New California expansion. Have already ordered the next expansion for Fallout as I love co-op games and it turns it into a full co-op.

Looking forward to playing both soon.

Soldato
I thought it got recommended somewhere on here, but I can't see it now, maybe it was a separate recommend a game thread but I got Azul at Christmas and have enjoyed a few games of that. Another great, simple but strategic, warmup type game.

Man of Honour
Simple warmup games that aren't Azul then? :D

Roll For It
Just One
Welcome to Dino World
Welcome to Your Perfect Home
Pandemic Hot Zone
Colt Express
Quacks of Quedlinburg
Citadels
The Crew - Quest for Planet Nine
Ticket To Ride London/New York

Last edited:
Soldato
Just played my first game of Eclipse Second Dawn of the Galaxy, oh wow what a fantastic game! Its a bit rules-y and a lot to get your head around but once it clicks its amazing!

Its like an economy based war game that actively encourages battles and the upgrades on ship tech is amazing.

Soldato
Played a fair amount of Isle of Skye and Stone Age recently.

Picked up Here to Slay to play with the kids along with MicroMacro Crime City which we tried at a table top gaming cafe over the weekend!

Soldato
Alice's Garden
Simple tile placing game that reminded me of Tetris with the shapes.
Draft a tile and place it, when a player can't place one, the have ends and you work out your score.
Picture combinations score points at the end.
It has some good production values, the bags you draw tiles from are a decent material, the art is nice too.
1-4 players and you can play it within 30 mins

Soldato
War Chest

2 player game (or 4 if you use teams) of deploying your soldiers to occupy positions on the board. Occupy 6 positions and you win.
You draft 3 random soldiers per round and this essentially dictates what you can do.
Elements of chess are involved in the way the different soldiers move and attack but the random drafting element makes it hard to plan.
A player only has certain soldiers available to them too so its all about figuring out what your opponent has and what they might do.
Very high production values and has 2 expansions available as well. 30mins to play.

Man of Honour
Other half had a birthday so... games appeared. ;)

Nanty Narking - Essentially the Discworld Ankh-Morpork game but rethemed as the license ended. I didn't want to pay £140 a good condition copy of Ankh Morpork....
Apollo - Nasa Moon Missions - Looks good fun
Draftosaurus and the 2 expansions - Simple but great fun.
Welcome To The Moon - Fllip'n'write game. Well, 8 missions.

Also had a couple of kickstarters arrive.
Dice Hospital - Emergency Roll - The roll'n'write version of Dice Hospital
Dice Theme Park - The follow up to Dice Hospital. Only 1 game played so far and it's a little more complicated that Dice Hospital but loved it.

Soldato
Nanty Narking - Essentially the Discworld Ankh-Morpork game but rethemed as the license ended. I didn't want to pay £140 a good condition copy of Ankh Morpork.....

Didn't know the license had ended, don't really play ours anymore but it's part of the collection so can't offload it.

Robinson Crusoe
Up to 4 player co-op survival engine builder with elements of Dead of Winter but no traitor. Still on the first scenario as the rules take some learning as we keep missing bits and making it harder for ourselves. Enjoying it a lot despite this.

Stuffed Fables: Oh, Brother
Finally got round to finishing this, a nice story/adventure suitable for younger kids.

Associate
Played a coupled of Zombicide Prison Outbreak missions in the evening at the beginning of the week. Haven't had much time playing board games recently so it was nice to sit down with my daughter for a game.

We have a lot of distractions so the runtimes never work out as they should either, usually doubling at least.

The second mission we played on the second evening M05: An Easy Mission was anything but that. We had to get to a couple of rooms, flip some switches and get out, maybe grab some nice bonus gear from a side room on the way out.

The problem was we start in a corridor zone away from the objectives on the first three attempts at the mission, an Abomination of one of the types spawned on the first turn.

Cursed deck shuffling if I ever saw it.

Back
Top Bottom