What have you done to your car today?

Ordered E36 6cyl top and bottom rad hoses, rad cap and intake temp sensor.

would LOVE to get me some mk4 Golf gear linkage connectors too

coolant hoses are 328 parts it seems according to the manufactuer's part number, i dont think theyll fit my M3.

Air temp sensor is for an E39.

Leaves me with a expansion tank cap to fit. :mad:

Diverter Valve and secondary air pump replaced. The latter "should" sort out my scary emissions light and the former seems have restored some life back in to the old girl.

With a bit of luck I can now enjoy driving her over the summer and not have to fix anything else for a good few months. Well, one can dream...

Diverter Valve and secondary air pump replaced. The latter "should" sort out my scary emissions light and the former seems have restored some life back in to the old girl.

With a bit of luck I can now enjoy driving her over the summer and not have to fix anything else for a good few months. Well, one can dream...

1.8t? I drop of oil in the fuel pressure reg has made the car drive about 100 times nicer. I can tell mine had been sticking for a while

Is there any way of checking that in vcds? Would it be leaning out the mixture when you gunning it or something?

Initial lean period as you open throttle. Has made a huge difference to lag below 1800rpm and cured that hesitate when cold that I mentioned in the other thread. It just make everything the throttle pedal does feel better

Initial lean period as you open throttle. Has made a huge difference to lag below 1800rpm and cured that hesitate when cold that I mentioned in the other thread. It just make everything the throttle pedal does feel better

Well next time I'm in there I'll put a drop in. I'm planning on using my tin can leak tester next week, as well as two new shocks, drop links and the bolts to go with them.

After doing some logging, the boost takes far to long to build, and doesn't get close to target (about 200-300mbar off), so I'll be boost leak hunting on Wednesday.

Most 1.8t will be leaking boost from the breather hose under the inlet man. or the one-way valve at the end of that hose

As for the rest, just for oil residue at the end of hoses where the jubilee clip is. If the clip is original the look to renew the clip. Toolstation sell I great range of clips if they're local

Took it out on some really bendy roads after work yesterday. Tried out a few video apps on the iPhone with speed and G metres... Result, they are all crap.

70mph looks about 10mph on the video. Guessing that is to do with FPS?

Want something that makes a good realistic video but doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Last edited:
Gave it a good wash inside and out for someone who was meant to be viewing it, as per private sale etiquette, he didn't turn up and is now ignoring any call from me. Dealer trade in starting to look tempting....

Also fixed a minor imperfection on the bonnet where some completely numpty (read; me) opened the bonnet with the wipers still upright, causing some pretty bad damage. Touch up sticks are the devils work but this turned out not too terrible in my eyes:

tmt9qj2.jpg

Replaced some plastic clips in/around the engine bay and scuttle - when I had my suspension fitted the garage had to remove a lot of plastic trim to get access, over time with the heat in the bay many of the clips become brittle and inevitably some got damaged slightly with removal. I planned on replacing them and can get discount on Honda bits so I've got the bits myself :)

Bad news though...managed to scratch my own car with a stud on my jeans, I now have a scratch and a dent to get fixed :(

Replaced failed exhaust hanger, nice to have the tailpipe sitting within the bumper again I thought.
Started up the engine, smoke signals coming out of it. Great :rolleyes:

Had the brake calipers off to attach new pad clips, and replaced one of the caliper slider pins. Should sort the annoying rattles I've been getting over bumps. While I was there I cleaned out the MAF sensor and the throttle body.

Then gave it a quick clean outside, and a more thorough clean outside.

Collected my VW Pescaras alloys from being refurbished (chem dip) for a second time. I had them done but after 6 months or so the lacquer was peeling off in massive pieces, which was odd. They have done them again under warranty inc re-balance and new valves like before.

Before swapping them back over I'm going to repaint the callipers and do the hubs at the same time.

7 hours washing, polishing, waxing and vacuuming the car. Gave the leather seats a couple coats of Meguiars balm too. Looks awesome now and worthy of my newly refurbed style 71's which are going on on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom