What have you done to your car today?

Completely rust free hey. Not wanting to be mean, but those rot away from the inside, if it's penetrated all the way through the outer sill then I bet it's something of a horror show inside there.

Unless it was a scratched area with bare metal?

It was just surface rust as I removed it all with a dremel.
They do rust from the inside out in the end, but mine is a 2005 import so I hope it has a fair few years before that happens yet!

It generally seemed to be the case that the rot was where the black paint had be scraped away previously.

Today I replaced the air and pollen filters on my 320d. Amazingly easy, just three clips to remove the air box cover and six screws to get to the pollen filter.
Also cleaned copious amounts of bird crap off the bonnet

Not strictly speaking today, but at the weekend I got hold of a parcel shelf for my Accord as it was missing one when I bought it. I also gave the car a wash and a wax, sparkly sparkly now!

Finally figured out why my suspension has been so bouncy and unbearable recently after being lowered. Turns out there should have been a piece of paper in the box from Euro Car Parts which wasn't there, and that the bump stops need to be cut down to accomodate.

Did a quick look this afternoon in the work car park and there's not much distance between the bump stop and the shock housing - when bouncing by hand the two get very close so with added forces present when driving, it'll explain why it's not as compliant as I'd like!

I'm getting ****ed off with this car. I'm sure one of my brakes is still binding ever so slightly, there's an annoying rattle coming from somewhere under the windscreen and I just arrived to work to find one of my headlight washer covers missing, the one that I only replaced not long ago. Sigh.

I'm getting ****ed off with this car. I'm sure one of my brakes is still binding ever so slightly, there's an annoying rattle coming from somewhere under the windscreen and I just arrived to work to find one of my headlight washer covers missing, the one that I only replaced not long ago. Sigh.

Duct tape everything down, stops rattles + is fitting ;)

I did offer to buy it a couple of months ago, you should have lept at the chance :p

Fix or Repair Daily

:)

Pretty sure Dangerous had a similar rattle in his ST220 when new, you could take the dash out to cover everything in soft touch foam but that's a job for a dry bank holiday.

oh! :D

Back
Top Bottom