What have you done to your car today?

The only rattles I have are the mints in my armrest rolling about, really need to hurry up and eat them to stop the rattle.

Oh and a rattle from the rear passenger side that I've never been able to figure out, thought it was the seat belt, padded that out, still there, taken the rear light apart, not that. Gr.

The only rattles I have are the mints in my armrest rolling about, really need to hurry up and eat them to stop the rattle.

Oh and a rattle from the rear passenger side that I've never been able to figure out, thought it was the seat belt, padded that out, still there, taken the rear light apart, not that. Gr.

Could be some bits under the parcel shelf. Stuff cut tennis balls up through the boot ceiling via the holes to confirm :)

Also the rear seats fold down on yours? If so then this can rattle if worked loose, you can apply sticky back padding strips along the parcel shelf lining by the latches running along, stops the seats rattling when folded up.

I've had the glovebox out and been underneath and literally felt everything. Starting to think it's either coming from underneath the car or is something to do with the plastic scuttle stuff outside below the windscreen. I'm going to have a proper poke around tomorrow if its dry.

Stupid thing looks ridiculous without the headlamp washer cover, too. Ordered a new one - I'll probably find the other one sitting on the driveway at home now.

Could be some bits under the parcel shelf. Stuff cut tennis balls up through the boot ceiling via the holes to confirm :)

Also the rear seats fold down on yours? If so then this can rattle if worked loose, you can apply sticky back padding strips along the parcel shelf lining by the latches running along, stops the seats rattling when folded up.

Ta for that, will take a look, rear seats do fold down and only ever done it once to fit an 8 foot xmas tree in :D but it rattled before and after that.

Just ordered two new calipers (it's had two replaced recently) and some new front discs to try and cure my brake issues. I'll start with the discs as the current fronts are a bit worn and quite possibly uneven/warped, and I'll just return the caliper/calipers if I don't need them - ECP are good for this. At least I'll have most of the stuff I'll need to do some work on it over this long weekend anyway. The whole braking system on this car just seems like a bit of a crap design.

Also, with any luck my replacement headlamp washer cover will arrive tomorrow, and I'll also be able to cure the rattle.

Cars. :rolleyes:

Just ordered some Pagid 312mm Skoda Superb discs and Boxster 3.2 brake pads, quite the combination and took me a good 20 mins to figure exactly what i needed!

The above plus an oil and filter change will be going down this weekend.

Oh and i need to find my boost leak(s) :rolleyes:

So? A 2 poster won't go under my car. An incedibly simple solution would be to just drive the car onto some wood blocks, then get the lift under. Astounding that a garage wouldn't have the nous to do this.

Passed a £30 MOT at Halfords without any hard sell.

Debated changing the oil and filter myself, Halfords are doing Mobil 1 on the cheap this weekend. Still haven't quite got the heart to do it myself.

Used an ethernet cable to hold the undertray up, plastic screws on both sides appear to have snapped :/

330btdk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom