What have you done to your car today?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The engine and body under tray plastics folded over themselves going through a flood so I just ripped them off. One of those things, once ruined it won't ever go back on right.

Man of Honour
The lowest mileage, best condition car I’ve ever bought, and yet once again.....

I’m taking this as a sign that I’m not meant to buy anything sensible, next car is going to be something that I buy purely because I want it and without any consideration for MPG / practicality :p

I like how you thinking that buying a 13 year old ultra cheap Audi was 'sensible'? This is what happens when these sort of cars get old, they are a complete waste of time IMHO.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I like how you thinking that buying a 13 year old ultra cheap Audi was 'sensible'? This is what happens when these sort of cars get old, they are a complete waste of time IMHO.
It's also from Mexico, which probably makes a difference. Different attitude to taking care of cars, the other side of the planet from the factory and much hotter climate. That, and it's a pre-facelift.

My 2010 A6 has been faultless over the last three years other than a dodgy pressure sensor.

Soldato

I’ve owned several of those sorts of cars and never paid out for expensive repairs, plus made a profit selling each one of them.

The issues I’ve had are unlucky - whilst these cars can be problematic, most issues that occur aren’t ones that leave you stranded in the middle of the road, and many are relatively cheap to fix with the help of a decent indy, which sadly I don’t have here.

My mistake was buying a Euro car in a country with primarily US market cars as there isn’t the indy support available which I was used to in Europe. My other mistake was being unwilling to invest a lot of money - I needed a car quickly and had to rush into the purchase, and everything else I saw was an utter shed, despite being often being newer / less premium.

I’m now sure I’ll be staying here a long time, so I’m willing to increase the budget quite a lot for my next car. In the event of any issues, I’d be far more happy to spend a lot of cash getting the car 100% sorted as it’d be something I actually like.

Soldato
I went to collect the door to replace. 120mile round trip. This is the best I've seen at 65mph. Call me boring.

IMG_20180419_104904_800.jpg

Man of Honour

I love this comment as I have just done exactly this. Mind you I know that I am not sensible and was never trying to be :D

Caporegime
Wasn't expecting much but with 80KG of stuff removed and a quarter of a tank of petrol, so over 100KG less than with a full tank and the full interior, the Corolla is actually measurably quicker! :eek:

Be a shame to put it all back after Pod! :p

Back
Top Bottom