1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Is this the Lexus?

2. grudas

Capodecina

Aye! Hopefully this is the first and last time I got to do this job! Getting it back together will be interesting..

No, my MK1 mx5 :)

3. Finglonga

Wise Guy

The wifes BMW 1Series rear wiper stopped mid swipe, after checking the fuses and the relay (stupid location behind glove box) there were no blown. So took the plastic trim off the hatch, the wiper arm and removed the motor. When the panel was removed off the wiper gearbox I found it seized as water had leaked into it. Stripped it down cleaned it and packed it with grease. Connected the power and tried it......It's alive. Re fitted it and the wife is a happy bunny. See how long it lasts for now as it is a common problem.

[​IMG]

4. Acme

Caporegime

Yum

5. Zeed

Mobster

Well as is said ran to Halsfords got an extention and started with plugs. God damn 2.5 hour job of undoing harnes and stuff in way ect.
    Some ****** have not tightened one plug !!! When you unscrew plug with just fingers you know thats not right !!!
    Just look at it damn.
    Upgraded from platinum (god knows how old or maybe original ??) to full iridium.
    [​IMG]

If someone does not know how to screw plugs in properly so you cant mess thread up
    [​IMG]

Tight times
    [​IMG]

Getting Coil pack ina dnd out was not FUN my hands full of damage.

Anyhow I have NOT ****** up :D

Idle much better just had Protein shake break. Now install Strut strut brace back long bath and time 2 take Zee for a spin see how it is after weekend job :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  6. adam cool dude

Soldato

Spent all day cleaning the inside of the Saab and gave both a wash only for it to start raining! At least the Saab no longer smells of Border Collie and the Celica is all tucked up!

[​IMG]

7. Marvin

Mobster

Went out for an early morning (ish) drive to the Ashdown Forest in Sussex. Really am loving this Elise now I've done so much work to it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Camalot

Soldato

Due a clean!

[​IMG]

9. andicole0

Soldato

Today I sold my car as did my wife
    Andi.

10. Cookeh

Sgarrista

That sounds very nice indeed.

11. Zeed

Mobster

Its spot on. Not too loud. Went for spin check how it runs with new plugs and spacer.
    Damn now its what i like. Throttle responce so much better. Guess all that **** inside was slowing it down a bit.
    Fun run so 11mpg haha but ye cant wait till i sort stuff out and summer remap time. Since all sensible power mods are done now.

12. randomshenans

Sgarrista

Just cleaned off my plugs. I only replaced them a month or so ago but I'm getting terrible carbon build up especially on Cyl 4. Going to run some cleaner through it and see if that helps as I start getting a misfire which is annoying.

13. Zeed

Mobster

@Marvin

Elise One car Id love to have cant afford :p Even better would be K swapped would even fit my Honda box then :)

14. grudas

Capodecina

nice! that looks fun.

not far from either, good roads for a drive?

15. savagesam117

Mobster

Went for a post exhaust fitting/downpipe building drive to my dads, sounds awesome. No more knocks and bangs.

Need to adjust my rear coilovers, they are a bit low when boot is full of tools. Makes it sit funny.
    [​IMG]

16. xs2man

Mobster

Changed over to summer wheels (decided to put on 17's this year, rather than last years 18's.

Also, new front pads, and gave it a service.

[​IMG]

17. Invertigo

Wise Guy

So, been chasing a wheel vibration that seemed to happen since a wheel refurb. Thought I had it when I discovered the front wheels had absolutely no weights installed, but apparently not...

Balanced, refitted, still there.

Further investigation led me to check the wheel mating face and yup, sure enough the hub mounting face and spigot have been painted too.

Picking up a flap disk and flap wheel on the way home and will have to sort this one evening... Pain in the arse!

18. Cleisthenes

Soldato

I'm not a fan of that road you're on for a drive, partiocularly in a car like my mx5 and your elise. If you go back towards wych cross and take a left just before the cross roads there are some nice bits down there :)

19. Thorburn

Gangster

Not today, but Silverstone GP track day in the Elise last week.

Annoyingly, blew the expansion tank pressure cap and stopped in the first afternoon session. Actually had two spare ones in the boot (pretty much the only spare one I had with me!) so nipped out the circuit to get some de-ionised water and anti-freeze to top it back up once it had cooled off and all SEEMS fine. Took it home to give everything a check over rather than risk going back out though, just in case the heat had caused any additional problems.

Also because more likely to get away with calling the AA to 10 miles down the road than the paddock. ;)

20. DXP55

Mobster

Saturday gave car a oil change and new filter - after that took off steel winter wheels and put on alloys - Today I cleaned it for first time in a few months - It still shines giving it is 8 years old.

Going to wash it again soon and use the clay mitt I bought a month or so ago then give it a polish.

[​IMG]