What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Is that the one the guy just put up on Facebook? ;) From Exeter?

Yes. :p

Cash my way and I would obviously view it etc first because I've had enough of rot for a while. :p

Corolla isn't boring though, its pretty good as a B road bashing machine, even if its not the best in the handling department.

I've had it what, 6 months? Loong! Be nice to have a MK1 MX5 and own it for more than a month. Just found out the Merlot edition didn't come with an LSD though which is a deal-breaker.

Soldato
When my last service was due on the Focus I asked them to renew the brake fluid instead of renewing pollen filter - Today I now know why they walked away jumping in the air and kicking their heels - I changed my Pollen filter - It is a job from hell - if the car was left hand drive it would be a piece of cake - - I have doubled the air flow through the A/C though - like a blast.

Also got a new air cleaner filter - will it go on - will it heck 2mm to long and I do not have the strength in my arms to squash it a bit so it's sitting on work bench with two old rear discs sitting on top of it - just hope it works. - If anyone remembers the picture of my arm after doing drop links that cut now has a few brothers and sisters.

Soldato
Yes, boring.

Life is too short to drive boring cars and not everyone can afford a brand new M4 lol.

Yeah, couldn't agree more, that's why I sold my uber reliable Corolla for a 24 year old turbo car with 180k miles. But the T-sport isn't particularly boring and fits the commuter/daily role well. Also means he can keep shoveling money at his dream car and financial disaster, the E30.

Caporegime
Yeah maybe... :p

Except I don't need a commuter car anymore because I get the train. And the most I do driving wise is collecting car parts, where I borrow my mates TDI Golf anyway.

These days the other car serves the purpose of driving when the E30 cant be driven. And when its raining. And snowing. Etc.

But if it gets replaced it has to be by the right car. :) No-more-nails. Hey that should be my mantra. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah maybe... :p

Except I don't need a commuter car anymore because I get the train. And the most I do driving wise is collecting car parts, where I borrow my mates TDI Golf anyway.

These days the other car serves the purpose of driving when the E30 cant be driven. And when its raining. And snowing. Etc.

But if it gets replaced it has to be by the right car. :) No-more-nails. Hey that should be my mantra. :D
Then lease something new and cheap, reliability yo!

Having 2 'fun' cars doesn't end well for your wallet

Soldato
Had the Subaru's second year service yesterday - 20k service and it's done 7k miles.

Upon dropping the car off the technician looked at the tyres and said "they look like they've had some heat in them - plenty of tread though" - wonder why?

:D :D

Back
Top Bottom