1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Diagro

Sgarrista

Yea, I've had lots of issues with this car, thankfully I can rectify most myself and enjoy doing it. I need to take it for a test drive to make sure the noise is gone now.

Not slept much due to newborn so trying to catch up with sleep -.-

2. Diagro

Sgarrista

Update: new pads or regressing the pins has fixed the issue.

3. DXP55

Mobster

Took my 8 yr old Focus in for MOT today - passed with flying colours - Got it home and fitted the Greenstuff front disc pads - They seem to bite much better with less pedal pressure than old Ferodo ones - Just got to bed them in and hope they stay as they are. - At long last powerful brakes again - Yes the servo works - brake fluid has been changed and no leaks in the system. - Never been happy with them since had the car.

4. Iron-man

Wise Guy

gave it an overdue wash

5. GTAMADDOG

Wise Guy

Got a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted on the back. Only problem is they seem to be rubbing slightly over big dips in the road which is a bit annoying because they're the exact same size as the Eagle F1s they replaced and I'm running standard wheels and tyre sizes. Even more annoying because it's an E46 and I could do without causing damage to wheel arches that are prone to rusting anyway. I've got some new trailing arm bushes coming and I'm probably going to get a pair of new rear springs so hopefully those combined with the tyres wearing a bit should sort the issue out.

Also picked up a new (to me) bonnet in the right colour for £40 and with a bit of cleaning and polishing it already looks a lot better than the current bonnet, but fitting it will be a job for the bank holiday weekend.

6. paradigm

Caporegime

Picked up the ubiquitous Leon Cupra R splitter to fit to the front of the TT, and shipped a spare steering wheel off to Royal Steering Wheels to get retrimmed in alcantara.

Fingers crossed on winning the set of wheels I'm bidding on eBay for which ends tomorrow, then I can get these split-rim BBS RS2's sent for a decent refurb.

7. Phil W

Sgarrista

Had a go with Chipex. Reasonable results. Need to play some more. Certainly better than before though.

8. Berger

Capodecina

Isn’t this your wife’s car?

Seems strange she’d want a custom retrimmed steering wheel, a bad boy splitter and some scene rims unless you’ve been smashing the overtime and want to treat her ;)

9. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I thought the same. I thought he'd moved onto the world of high rollers in brand new cars these days.

10. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

:D

11. DXP55

Mobster

Up at 6.30 this morning and was cleaning car by 7.00 in lea of the house - Just the right temperature to wash it and no sun on it - back in the garage now before wind blows the dust up - the joys of living in the sticks with dry fields.

12. Marvin

Mobster

I also got up at 6:30 this morning and was out by 7:00, but I went for a drive to add some more bugs:

[​IMG]

Reprised a large part of the recent South-Eastern meet route across the A264 towards East Grinstead, over the Ashdown Forest from Wych Cross and back along the A264, up through Penshurst and home.

13. Acme

Caporegime

Bought a new spare tyre for the BMW cos I noticed the one that was in there had started cracking from age. Anyone want to guess the date stamp on the old one? :p

14. DXP55

Mobster

1988 :eek: you did ask for a guess.

15. Acme

Caporegime

Feb 1986....... :p

16. WoodyUK

Soldato

I had my exhaust cut back and then lengthened a bit to sit outside the bumper yesterday.
    It's quieter. :(
    The pops and bangs are much quieter aka virtually non-existent too.

Catch 22 though cause I guess it's probably a bit more track friendly now!

Before and after:
    This is where it used to sit, there'd be a metal shroud for the bumper and it'd stop short about half an inch before that.
    [​IMG]

Need to source another one of these..
    [​IMG]

Has since been polished and is all shiny now, but this is how it sits:
    [​IMG]

17. Acme

Caporegime

Your bumper though. You should leave it like it and put a little "Inspired by turbotoaster" sticker there. :p

18. WoodyUK

Soldato

Haha was wondering what sticker to put next to it until I get it sorted!
    Got a couple of quotes yesterday too.

£250 for an attempt at patching it up and painting, the guy said he could do the outter red part no problem but the black part would be tricky.
    Or... about triple that for a new/used upper bumper and splitter which would then need bonding, smoothing and painting!

19. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Filled up the DPF res, it swallowed up a 10ltr bottle without issue, which surprised me, no idea how big the tank is.

20. Acme

Caporegime

Dpf res?