What have you done to your car today?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Just bent over to the tune of £600 for a major service + brake fluid.
Can't believe I just took my 110,000 mile 9-year-old A6 to Audi. What a noob.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Exchange rate makes it sound worse than it is (£500 @ €1.30) but still got raped here. The dealer is brilliant, but I think I'll be going indy from now on :o

Soldato
Anybody know about batteries / car electronics?

Battery on my 2008 Caliber died last week during the first cold spell, managed to find the receipt for it and it was less than a year old. Took it back to the shop to get it replaced and the guy looked into the history: apparently the car has been having a new battery almost every year for the last 4 years. Checked with the previous owner who confirmed this to be the case. Battery guy said he thinks there must be an issue with the car, but couldn't tell me what that issue could be: the alternator is working fine, and the new battery powers the car with no issues. If I charge the old battery and use that, it lasts a few days and then the same issue occurs again. New battery is fine.

I could understand an issue like an electrical drain would result in frequent flat batteries, but killing 1 battery per year, with no issues in between those times seems very strange to me. Has anybody heard anything like this before? I'm probably just going to ignore it as paying for a new battery once per year isn't the end of the world, but would be interesting to know if people think there could be an issue with the car, or if the batteries being sold to me are simply poor quality. FWIW, the battery I just bought is a different brand so it'll be interesting to see how that one fares.

Associate
Listed it for sale. Price is a little inflated, I'd settle for £2650 as it sits.

Trying to appeal to someone who wants a ready to go boy racer hot hatch or base for a track car. If that fails I'll re-work the ad, put the rest of the interior back in, take more pictures, and try again...

Not in a huge rush. :p

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302937291257

No P/X unless it is for a MK1/2 MX5 with a value of <£1000

:D:p

Man of Honour
Listed it for sale. Price is a little inflated, I'd settle for £2650 as it sits.

Trying to appeal to someone who wants a ready to go boy racer hot hatch or base for a track car. If that fails I'll re-work the ad, put the rest of the interior back in, take more pictures, and try again...

Not in a huge rush. :p

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302937291257

It's a good job you're not in a huge rush given it's about 50% over book!

Back
Top Bottom