1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. WoodyUK

Soldato

FNpoo.
    It's being sleeved, skimmed and valvetrain upgrades at present to handle mega powers but have pulled out on going for the larger turbo + fuel system for now as other £life stuff has cropped up since I dropped it off in October and I can't warrant the extra thousands that would've needed to do the job properly at the moment. Will be sticking around 550bhp - whatever the limit of the Walbro 255 and ID1050X Injectors + turbo turns out to be.

2. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Fair enough. Good luck with it all.

3. Acme

Caporegime

That's probably 200hp more than you can actually use in a FWD civic hatch.

4. WoodyUK

Soldato

I'd argue otherwise but I think our Pod battle might come up :p
    New gearbox ratios and much longer final drive has sorted straight-line traction issues in 1st/2nd from the brief time I had in it before dropping off for more work so I'm looking forward to putting the power down at a 1/4 properly next time. (Read: will now just about touch 60mph in first)

Do agree though - for track use 350 is probably pushing the limits before you need serious trick stuff like the new Type R has to be completely useable.
    My LSD was effectively useless during corners due to it being set-up incorrectly so I've no proper experience that I can really rely on until I take it on track again.

5. geekman

Mobster

******* potholes :mad::mad:

[​IMG]

6. jpaul

Soldato

expensive .. you were at the helm ?
    need an app that signals location of known knowns, more so than speed zones.

Finally fixed the bloody boot rattle - after >month & several checks/tightening of rear bumper and boot lid alignment,
    ... already having removed the interior fittings for access and some anti-seize , strut mount chnageover to meyle <1hr.
    supporting the trailing arms on a jack was invaluable to changing without have to remove the shocks.

[​IMG]

7. Hyburnate

Capodecina

You can report them on Waze :p

8. geekman

Mobster

I’m a bit of a waze nerd (see below :p ) and report then all the time, as do a lot of others tbf. I was just unlucky to be driving early in the morning where there wasn’t much traffic so less chance of getting it reported. Still caught out 6 other cars though.

I got both tyres changed yesterday: have to change them in pairs. I’m driving it to Miami next week and needed it sorted at short notice so ended up going with Toyos, not ideal but very few places even stock my tyre size around here.

[​IMG]

9. acemastr

Mobster

It's cold here, wrap up lol

10. geekman

Mobster

I'm flying from there to the UK so I have plenty of warm clothes, no worries there! I did have a dream of lying on the beach for the few days I'm there but doesn't look like it'll be warm enough for that :(

11. Armageus

Don

Wife's car - got her to take it to have a slow puncture looked at. Turned out to be a small nail near the sidewall, so unrepairable - so wallet £120 lighter for 2 new tyres :(

12. Diagro

Sgarrista

Installed an engine mount. To find it's too stiff

13. -westy-

Capodecina

Off for it's MOT today. Fingers crossed! Last year's (just before I bought it) was possibly a cash in hand job, as it had a clearly broken spring :eek: Have sorted all the minor issues, so should have no issues (famous last words)

14. Diagro

Sgarrista

I saw a car at garage today about to have an MOT. Noticed a bald tyre and a cracked windscreen. The lady seemed oblivious and dumb when the mechanic mentioned them. Her response was "it's ok, will get those done next week". I don't think she realises that she won't be driving that car home based off the new not rules lol

15. -westy-

Capodecina

It failed! For a knackered track rod end. New one fitted, then back and retested within 2 hours. Now has a year’s ticket with no advisories :)

16. Phemo

Soldato

Finally booked in to change the front tyres on my car. I picked it up a week ago and noticed it had mismatched winter tyres on the front (Semperit and Fulda tyres, neither of which I've ever heard of) and normal Goodyears on the rear. I'm not really sure having winters and regulars on a car is a particularly good idea so I'm ditching the winters to go with 4 Goodyears.

17. Acme

Caporegime

They're cheapo but not the worst cheapo's. They do have at least some decent rep.

I've had two cars now which have had a pair of winter tyres on the front. :p

18. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Picked up a bargaintastic hard top

[​IMG]

It'll need a repaint during the summer but that'll only cost me time

19. Acme

Caporegime

Replaced the front wheel bearings/hubs on the MXEunosMiata5Roadster, only to discover that despite the whack up a curb, they weren't the cause of my bearing noise... Still, only took 20 minutes a side.

So its either the back ones, the diff, or something to do with the wheels... Will swap the wheels first, then do the diff oil, then if theres still the noise, will have to tackle the rear bearings which are more of a PITA. Boooo!

20. Duke

Man of Honour

@Frozennova

Nice, makes such a differnce in the winter, especially if on the motorway or something.