What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
After owning this truck for 3 years, and my Subaru 2 years before that.... I finally configured the Homelink garage door opener to the button on the mirror... it feels glorious not having to get my phone out to open the door! (little things, I know...)

Don't lose the garage door opener fob!

Man of Honour
Corrosion to the rim?

Yup, in places. That makes sense I guess. Seems to have gotten under the lacquer. I really hate diamond cut wheels. I’ll get them done in black at some point. I even have the black Merc centre caps ready to go. I’ll probably catch them again though :p

That or I’ll just sell it :)

Soldato
You understand that copper are by far the best electrodes. It is just platinums last longer. I run coppers in both my Saab and Toyota no problem. 270bhp & 350bhp. I just change them out every other oil service.

Doesn't agree with manufacturers specs for these engines. Also certainly doesn't hold true from user reviews of copper plugs on these engines.

They do work perfectly well in other engines and where they are designed to be used, sure, and yes they do have the best conduction but they also require more voltage, are less efficient and really have pathetic longevity. They also are more susceptible to fouling.

Man of Honour
Doesn't agree with manufacturers specs for these engines. Also certainly doesn't hold true from user reviews of copper plugs on these engines.

They do work perfectly well in other engines and where they are designed to be used, sure, and yes they do have the best conduction but they also require more voltage, are less efficient and really have pathetic longevity. They also are more susceptible to fouling.

Susceptibility to fouling has nothing to do with electrode material and everything to do with the heat range and usage of the plug.

Soldato
Susceptibility to fouling has nothing to do with electrode material and everything to do with the heat range and usage of the plug.

Do platinum plugs not run a bit hotter, generally? Which would therefore reduce fouling by essentially burning it off or preventing it from occuring in the first place? Genuine question, please do educate me if I'm wrong as I only started reading into spark plugs in more detail a few months ago!

Caporegime
Well, got mine back from the garage and hooned the boobs off it. Man I love this thing! The flat six just sounds awesome. Lovely burbling note at low revs and then absolutely screams when you give it the beans.

Man of Honour
Do platinum plugs not run a bit hotter, generally? Which would therefore reduce fouling by essentially burning it off or preventing it from occuring in the first place? Genuine question, please do educate me if I'm wrong as I only started reading into spark plugs in more detail a few months ago!

How how a plug runs is entirely down to it's heat range/rating.

Copper electrodes produce a stronger spark that is less likely to suffer with issues like spark blowout/misfires

Platinum and iridium plugs are used for nothing more than longer service life

Soldato

right here :) . eewwww automatic :( . but it is a lovely colour.

FYI i do have fleet space :) scrapped the saab

YLIn7T2C.jpg

loaded on the truck ready to say goodbye,

B8NYqVfi.jpg

replaced a sensor on the Mondeo

and had to shout at a driver for playing chicken with a traffic island with one of the vivaros

Rd20Sq6e.jpg

UBSUydlp.jpg

CzLoukZw.jpg

bit of welding of sills and replacing of sidesteps its back to how its supposed to be

rEZyq24l.jpg
|https://thumbsnap.com/rEZyq24l[/IMG][/URL]

Soldato
What I've done..
Gone to motor factors
Bought
New rear shocks
Rear top mounts
New front top mounts

What I've done past two days:
Front drop links
Rear drop links
Checked every nut and bolt

Why?

Really annoying knock from the rear and did have knocking in the front until I changed drop links. Now I have creaking from the front... Hence top mounts with bearings.

Soldato
Ah phooey. ******* things were listed as "for Volvo 2.3 T5" on the dreaded eBay. :p

Bought some FR7DP's now... They cost half as much as well!!

I got a set of HKS M40XL plugs for mine, not the cheapest but working nicely on a tuned engine :)

Stock NGK plugs were ok, the Bosche one:

CqrtYfA.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What I've done..
Gone to motor factors
Bought
New rear shocks
Rear top mounts
New front top mounts

What I've done past two days:
Front drop links
Rear drop links
Checked every nut and bolt

Why?

Really annoying knock from the rear and did have knocking in the front until I changed drop links. Now I have creaking from the front... Hence top mounts with bearings.

But its mint????!

Back
Top Bottom