1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. acemastr

Mobster

No one believes the customer on problems, I work in IT and the customer is never correct about what the problem is. They'd never order the part before seeing the car.

2. Dis86

Capodecina

It was a hose split. I pointed it out to them. I'm sure that's pretty difficult to misdiagnose.

3. Camalot

Soldato

New shock, spring, top mount etc on my 07 civic!

New impact gun worked a treat.

4. Zico

Mobster

Fiesta ST had it's 4th year service (with brake fluid changed and aircon topped up, only minimal loss apparently so didn't charge anything) and MOT. Minor issue with the voice activation button not working also fixed without charge.

5. Gaijin

Don

How much of a difference has it made mate?

6. Dup

Sgarrista

How did you find doing the 14mm top mount bolts? I used some drop spanners but access was tight and you can only tighten to what you think is right. Did both my fronts except the springs 2 years ago (can't think why I left the springs now seeing as I did the lot) and still on there good though.

7. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Decent reduction in tyre and road noise. Could really do with something more comfortable to sit in but I might brave the commute in it on the odd occasion now

8. tom_nieto

Capodecina

Went out for a spin around the Worcestershire countryside. The car has been stuck in the garage for the majority of 2019 so it was high time for a drive! Good to get the roof down too.

9. Gaijin

Don

Good to know - I had to ditch most of that padded stuff under the carpet as it got ruined when I had some water ingress.

10. Acme

Caporegime

Same here. Now all I have is bare metal with carpet mats on.

11. adwol48

Hitman

not really me thats done it but passed MOT today with 1 minor fault seems i need to fit a new cv boot on the offside front yay

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  12. Armageus

Don

Changed a brake light bulb on the wife's fiesta - not especially difficult, but trickier than it surely needed to be.

13. King4aDay

Mobster

Seeing as the 350gt hasn't exploded yet I treated it to new wipers (Michelins £4.99 in Aldi, thank you), oil and filter and brake pads. The latter involved driving to my nearest Nissan dealer after discovering that the locking wheel nut key that came with the car was entirely the wrong shape! Luckily they had one in stock for the low, low price of £18.

Getting the front undertray off took as long as the rest of it, might just trying leaving it in place next time.

14. FlapR

Hitman

Following up from this. Dropped it off this morning at 7.30am, just picked it up.

- HPFP replaced, along with pressure hose and tubing.
    - Oil Solenoid fixed, along with other seals and part of wiring loom changed with an updated part to prevent anything happening in the future.

Main offender - Fuel Pump (with the blue dot on top)

[​IMG]

Came out a bit cheaper than expect as they added more of a discount which I was thankfull for:

[​IMG]

Glad the car is running properly now and has a completely clean bill of health, may end up getting rid in the next year or so though:

[​IMG]

15. Dis86

Capodecina

Finally got it back, woop! 4 days to fix a split hose and MOT the thing.

16. Camalot

Soldato

Once i had the springs tight down, i just used my impact gun to give it a once over, then took the spings off. Worked fine!

17. Maccapacca

Don

4 new tyres. Last set lasted 50k. Wow the noise difference, the incremental increase in road noise as they wear I didn't notice, like a different motor.

Wash off the soap tomorrow and give it a wash.

[​IMG]

18. acemastr

Mobster

Holy tire whine batman!

I'm sticking with my Michelin LTX that came with it, 36k miles and still plenty of tread.. and they hook up fairly well (road tire, useless offroad, but then so is my 2 wheel drive wonder)

19. Acme

Caporegime

Accumulated all the parts I need to de-luxury-ify the MX5 (lol)

AC, electric windows, and power steering in the bin.

Hello manual steering, manual windows, and a fan.

Should save a bit of weight and reduce the mechanical drag on the engine.

Basically my power steering rack is junk and MX5 electric windows are rubbish... The AC doesn't work and isn't needed because, well, its a convertible.

Also bought some TSI's to replace my busted side lights, and I think I'll bin off the NS2R's because I want to try the new Toyo TR1's, and the profile on the Nankangs is 2 sizes too high. 195 60 instead of 195 50.

20. trentlad

Mobster

Threw some polyurethane bushings on my control arms today, cannot believe the additional control it provides. My rubber bushings were so brittle the ride quality actually feels better somehow but I just didn't expect to feel such a major positive difference.

I'll throw it around Pacific Highway next week and really see how much of this honeymoon period remains.