What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Where??? I live in Hinckley
Where abouts? Just thinking I should do our MINI countryman S.

I was a bit off with my geography it was PMP cars in Nuneaton who gave it a go even though they mainly do BMW cars. Tell them the guy with the veloster mentioned them lol, should have seen the guys expression when I pointed out the different number of doors on each side.

My car was on the cheaper rate as the engine is really easy to work on with space and positioning.

Man of Honour
Hit a bloody badger this morning. Was already in the road, but it didn't look very big until I got close to it. Ripped off an undertray. I took that off completely when I got to work. Some lovely badger juice I need to wash off at some point too. Thankfully no bumper damage or any other damage though. But damn, they are solid lumps, it lifted the car as I went over it.

I'm still dreading the first time I hit wildlife - had a close call with a deer and few days back came around a bend to see someone hit a fox infront of me so far. I do a lot of driving at like 2am around country roads so inevitable it will happen sometimes :(

Soldato
Not sure if I should be insulted or not, if you’re dumb enough to allow a child to play with your car keys in the car and leave them unsupervised, i’m apparently the person who is second on the list to call when the little angel deadlocks it and shuts the door with the keys on the back seat as he wanders off.

I’ve never liked Corsa’s, and part of me would have loved to just put the window through and be done with it, if only so said person had to arrange/pay for replacement glass and therefore remembered that this was not OK, I settled for giving her the key back with instructions to go and get a spare blade cut tomorrow and that allowing a child to be in charge of a motor vehicle unsupervised on public land was not OK. In fairness to the Corsa, it put up slightly more of a fight than I was expecting, perhaps i’m just getting old?

Soldato
Not sure if I should be insulted or not, if you’re dumb enough to allow a child to play with your car keys in the car and leave them unsupervised, i’m apparently the person who is second on the list to call when the little angel deadlocks it and shuts the door with the keys on the back seat as he wanders off.

I’ve never liked Corsa’s, and part of me would have loved to just put the window through and be done with it, if only so said person had to arrange/pay for replacement glass and therefore remembered that this was not OK, I settled for giving her the key back with instructions to go and get a spare blade cut tomorrow and that allowing a child to be in charge of a motor vehicle unsupervised on public land was not OK. In fairness to the Corsa, it put up slightly more of a fight than I was expecting, perhaps i’m just getting old?

Context = 0

Soldato
I'm still dreading the first time I hit wildlife - had a close call with a deer and few days back came around a bend to see someone hit a fox infront of me so far. I do a lot of driving at like 2am around country roads so inevitable it will happen sometimes :(

It's the first time in 10 years of driving I've hit anything more than a bird, so I guess I've done OK!

But I travel a lot of country roads too, there's always deer about and roadkill littered everywhere.

Foxes and deer are what do big damage :(

Soldato
Indeed. Facebook is over that way ===>

Facebook? That ship sailed many years ago :D Perhaps you’d prefer a TLDR: Non destructively broke into a car because its owner left an unsupervised child to play in it with the keys for 3hrs.

That also kind of begs the question, what exactly did you do to a car today or are you just here for the internetz pointz?

Soldato
Non destructively broke into a car because its owner left an unsupervised child to play in it with the keys for 3hrs.

This actually makes far more sense than the epic load of tripe you posted originally. Incidentally, your rather sarcastic retort about what Invader did to his car is slightly hypocritical, don't you think? Given you admit that the wall of text was actually regarding a car and not your car.

Soldato
This actually makes far more sense than the epic load of tripe you posted originally. Incidentally, your rather sarcastic retort about what Invader did to his car is slightly hypocritical, don't you think? Given you admit that the wall of text was actually regarding a car and not your car.

Wall of text? That may explain it, i'd not be too happy if I had to view the forums on something with the resolution of a potato that turned barely 6 lines into a wall. I take your point though, it wasn’t my car. Perhaps if I posted a new thread with photo’s including the snots on the seat (it wasn’t as bad as your sisters) or in WHYDTYCT? about stripping a suspected failed top mount bearing, that turned out to be a deformed upper spring seat edge, i'd have received a different response. Obviously if we're being pedantic I couldn’t post about building it back up as I didn't tac the blobs to build it back up, but I did grind/file them down.

Personally, I thought being given free rein to smash a window on a deadlocked car and avoiding doing so may have been vaguely more interesting, though not technically appropriate to this particular thread.

To smooth the collective upset feels, here’s a pic of the upper spring seat from the 'Can you tac some blobs on this for me... and collect it... and drop it back... and I need it before 3pm and i'm not paying' message. Unfortunately as it's now after midnight, it's technically from yesterday which is liable to provoke further whining happy constructive posts ;)

9L28ipR.jpg

Ooh the savagery... :p

Only if you take life seriously, and unlike my posts, it's way too short for that :D

Soldato
Wall of text? That may explain it, i'd not be too happy if I had to view the forums on something with the resolution of a potato that turned barely 6 lines into a wall. I take your point though, it wasn’t my car. Perhaps if I posted a new thread with photo’s including the snots on the seat (it wasn’t as bad as your sisters) or in WHYDTYCT? about stripping a suspected failed top mount bearing, that turned out to be a deformed upper spring seat edge, i'd have received a different response. Obviously if we're being pedantic I couldn’t post about building it back up as I didn't tac the blobs to build it back up, but I did grind/file them down.

Personally, I thought being given free rein to smash a window on a deadlocked car and avoiding doing so may have been vaguely more interesting, though not technically appropriate to this particular thread.

To smooth the collective upset feels, here’s a pic of the upper spring seat from the 'Can you tac some blobs on this for me... and collect it... and drop it back... and I need it before 3pm and i'm not paying' message. Unfortunately as it's now after midnight, it's technically from yesterday which is liable to provoke further whining happy constructive posts ;)

9L28ipR.jpg

Only if you take life seriously, and unlike my posts, it's way too short for that :D

Are you ok?

Back
Top Bottom