1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. acemastr

Mobster

That was 70-80(90 at times) with a bit of fun on the onramps in the wet. It's so effortless.

2. Acme

Caporegime

Only like 10MPG more than I get. :p

3. adam cool dude

Soldato

That's terrible tbh. My Saab 9-5 Aero will do that on the motorway with 100BHP extra and more than likely 2-300 kilograms more to tug along. Not to mention it is an ancient old banger.

4. Phemo

Soldato

Yeah I expected at least low 40s. Car was in eco mode and I wasn’t flooring it for overtakes either. In fairness, I didn’t reset the trip computer before that trip but all my previous driving was much the same.

Luckily it isn’t my car, it’s just a loaner as my car had a recall for the EGR cooler and I’m waiting for BMW get the part in. Might have it for a while yet though.

5. Snookums

Mobster

Today I tried my hardest to replace my window regulator and motor.

Orginally it was just meant to be the motor but apparently I managed to simultaneously break the motor cog and the reg cables.

Tried to get just a reg from a scrapyard or breakers and no one has one. So the motor needs to be returned and I needed to buy a full system. Fine.

Drive down to ecp got a reg and motor for a bargain of £80. Get home to install it and it's wrong. Not "oh I've ordered the wrong part" wrong more like the box just has the wrong part it in it. So take it back they have no more at my local so ring and check that the next closest store 30 minutes away has the correct one. They confirm the part matches the photo. So off I go. Get there, wrong part.

Now I can't be bothered to have to go hunting for a new piece at a reasonable price and I didn't fancy having to install a regulator anyway I've got it booked it at 10am tomorrow for the professionals to worry about.

6. Raymond Lin

Suspended

I just got this and when tried to pair with Bluetooth phone says it is unsupported. How do you connect yours?

7. Acme

Caporegime

Your saab definitely weighs less than a 4 series.

E; 9-5 Aero weighs about 80KG less than a 420i.

New cars are FAT!

8. acemastr

Mobster

Mine's 1700kg, she's chunky.

9. Acme

Caporegime

Chonky girl.

10. Django x2

Capodecina

Replaced a power steering pump, replaced both lower control arms, ball joints and link arms and added a bolt on turbo upgrade. Pointless really, but I love getting the spanners out.

11. vanpeebles

Soldato

I get 22 in the disco :D

12. Frozennova

Man of Honour

That's no better than I managed over ~350 miles or so last time I borrowed the GTR from work

13. vanpeebles

Soldato

All stop start round the back roads. I reckon it wouldn’t do too bad if motorways. It does love a drink of the hard chug though :D

14. Diagro

Sgarrista

I found that some unwanted vibrations were caused due to an overly saggy mid exhaust mount.

I replaced it with a powerflex one instead. And the vibrations are still there hah.. less noise though. seems this bush may have been too firm. Oh well, it will bed in after a while.

15. Acme

Caporegime

A poly bush won't really "bed in" per se. :p

16. vanpeebles

Soldato

If you poly bush an exhaust, is that not just going to cause stress somewhere else?

17. Avalon

Mobster

What app are you using? You don’t need to pair it like you would with other bluetooth devices, just open the app, go to the apps options/settings and choose the device.

*edit* In dashcommand set connection to ELM, in CarCommand it’s ‘Bluetooth4.0’ then hit ‘select device’ and it’ll show up with ‘OBD II’, click it and go back and hit connect.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  18. Raymond Lin

Suspended

Car Scanner, iPhone XR.

Oh, that's where i am going wrong, was trying to pair it under Settings, it won't, and also not seeing it as a local wifi either.

19. Avalon

Mobster

See edit above - you choose connection type and then select device and it should pick it up straight away, just select the device and then click connect on the main screen. Obviously ignition on and check you have powered on the device or you’ll get nowt.

20. Raymond Lin

Suspended

Thanks, I will give it another go later.

Question - What if my car isn't listed, it's a Volvo C30 T5.