What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
O_o

Just find the right size and length and get one off ebay for a few £. They are all the same :p

If i did that and still got water ingress i wouldn't be sure if it was coming from elsewhere or if my cheap seal hadnt fixed the problem.

And the BMW one lasted 26 years before it started to let in water!

Soldato
If i did that and still got water ingress i wouldn't be sure if it was coming from elsewhere or if my cheap seal hadnt fixed the problem.

And the BMW one lasted 26 years before it started to let in water!
I recall a lot of the cross-sections of genuine seals are somewhat unique so getting a length from ebay etc tends to not actually be possible. £72 though, ouch.

Associate
Order gone in today for a load of brake parts for the Z4. Noticed the offside front caliper seemed a bit wet, looks like it's started to leak from the bleed nipple and I think it's binding a bit recently too. Either way, they're 16 years old now so refurbed parts on the way. Alongside this, figured I should tackle all the brake jobs at once now and then it's much less maintenance in the future, so also on the way is a roll of kunifer pipe and assorted tools for flaring, bending, cutting etc, alongside new HEL braided lines for front and rear.

Soldato
Had a busy few days with the Cayman: Replaced AOS, both air con condensers incl a regas, front discs & pads, but in a Bluetooth adapter to the OEM head unit and finished of with tidying up the cloudy headlamps!

STDciOY.jpg

Back
Top Bottom