What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
Rush hour. Excellent timing when lost to stop traffic in full panic mode when the lights are currently green and to then cut across 4 lanes of traffic on the roundabout. Just carry on, if people only knew in 50m there is another roundabout that brings you straight back onto the correct lane. As a minimum it would seem obvious to me that you’d want the inner most lane if your after the final roundabout exit. Rant over, I’ve seen worse.

Caporegime
Rush hour. Excellent timing when lost to stop traffic in full panic mode when the lights are currently green and to then cut across 4 lanes of traffic on the roundabout. Just carry on, if people only knew in 50m there is another roundabout that brings you straight back onto the correct lane. As a minimum it would seem obvious to me that you’d want the inner most lane if your after the final roundabout exit. Rant over, I’ve seen worse.

This is what happens when people watch their sat Nav instead of what is written on the road/signs.

Soldato
People who can't suss out that roundabouts are round and still perform stupid manoeuvres need culling.

Man of Honour
Looked at my tyres and although they aren’t lacking grip or tread, there’s some age related cracking in the walls and a good few minor holes in the tread. They’ve recently resurfaced the final road home, which I often arrive onto with hot tyres, so the stones have clearly left an impression. Will get 4 new tyres end of the summer, not much driving planned before then. May as well get them aligned too, although the wear looks very even other than expected cornering wear.

Soldato
Stuck some bin bags to it in the rain at 1.30am after a 2 hour drive, because of this:

]

Long story short, girlfriend tried to carry all of her things out of the car (been away) and also picked up my extension lead for some reason. Closed the door onto the plug. FFS.

I literally just said to her "Don't overload yourself, I'm doing about 5 trips to bring stuff in".

I didn't even want that ****ing door closed :rolleyes:

Annoying because it's factory tinted glass and while I actually would prefer clear, it won't match the rear or other side now. And it's a reasonably rare model so have to find a breaker.

Man of Honour
Had some new front tyres fitted and the tracking done.

One thing I completely forgot to ask while I was there, they adjusted my tracking after another garage did a **** poor job and told me that was as good as it could get so everything is feeling much better but one of the castor readings on the sheet is still in the red. I can't find a clear answer on whether that can be adjusted or it's down to wear/damage of something on that corner.

Hyundai i20 if that makes any difference, any thoughts?

I don't have to deal with this sort of excitement on bikes :o

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Caporegime
As I've now learned. She burst into tears on the spot, I guess she expected me to get angry. Accidents happen.

I came here to vent instead :D

We have all been there. Came home once to find she had reversed onto the drive and scratched the side of the door on the brick wall. They give you that face as you walk in from work and you just know it is bad news :cry: .

Soldato
Annoying because it's factory tinted glass and while I actually would prefer clear, it won't match the rear or other side now. And it's a reasonably rare model so have to find a breaker.
Window was replaced yesterday while I was at work, but there's a fair bit of glass debris in the street outside. Turns out there's quite a lot of broken glass inside the car now too. Started clearing it out and realised loads has fallen behind the interior panels. Off came 2 sheets of plastic trim, the door seal and some floor... Hoping I got it all and won't get loads of rattling for the rest of my life :D

**** Also just remembered, drove the car I'm trying to sell over a drain and something went bang. Sounds like suspension spring broken, but need to look tomorrow :o

Back
Top Bottom