What have you done to your car today?

Those Citroens always have that problem after a few years, it’s very very common.
Tbh, a lot of those I don’t fail as there’s no way the center pipe will fully separate from the flex pipe and there’s usually very little exhaust blow.
I usually just put it down as an advisory.

First place I called said they would do the whole thing for £210 but it's a one-piece so couldn't sleeve in a new flex.

Last edited:
I was considering a Scorpion resonated for when my exhaust inevitably rusts (must be a French thing as my last two have rusted as well) but was trying to avoid too much drone. It's a pain trying to decide when you can't hear all the variants and manufacturers in person.

Biggest issue is most of the clio groups are full of younger people (used to be me I'm sure haha) who talk about how great the double decat & non resonated exhausts sound, can only imagine the aural assault from that setup!

I'd recommend a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator to get rid of the drone. The system on my Volvo T5 sounded fantastic but was ear piercing on the motorway. Fitted the Vibrant and 80% of the drone went, whilst keeping the 5 pot growl when pressing on :)

Thanks I'll look into that one :) Was an idea I'd had also to be fair to get a larger silencer thrown in where the resonator is in this system, budget might dictate a small wait on that though as dogs just thrown up £800 of vet bills sadly

We just cut either side and put in a sleeve flex, but £210 is a whole lot cheaper than £540!
Yeah you're right there. I'm taking it to a place on Monday to have a look and will ask them to "sleeve in a new flex" while hoping they don't ask any further questions ha! If they offer the £210 remedy too then I'll just go for it. Happy to get this over and done with.

My Cedric arrived from Japan a week or so ago. Just working my way through the todo list, happy so far other than it having the optional CVT box instead of the standard auto.

MOT next week, paperwork to do, otherwise just a few bits and bobs. Its missing its bonnet mascot, ordered one from Japan. Stereo is bananas, but found a TV input in the back seat so it looks like I can run RCA and get sound from that. Its a proper wafter.

Haha, it was a gamble. No way of knowing, it was a rare option. Id just prefer traditional auto, not the "EXTROID! CVT"

Naa, it doesnt matter much, its a cheap couch :)
Lots of good stuff. Good condition, running spot on. Came with 6 Japanese Retiree CD's in the changer, decent sound system not that I have a clue how to use it. Seems to have been well kept. And two keys came, which is a bonus. No-one needed anything off this!

I mean, its all about the style anyway

Last edited:
Wasn't today, but last week I had these fitted, Racingline R600 intake, intake pipe, turbo elbow and the coolant reroute hose along with the Clubsport S rear silencer.
The car sounds great now, lots more intake noise and the exhaust is how it should have sounded originally. Didn't want anything too asbo and this is perfect, for normal driving its not much different, but put your foot down and it comes alive.

zeuG2BJ.jpg

j7WWxVN.jpg

My Cedric arrived from Japan a week or so ago. Just working my way through the todo list, happy so far other than it having the optional CVT box instead of the standard auto.

MOT next week, paperwork to do, otherwise just a few bits and bobs. Its missing its bonnet mascot, ordered one from Japan. Stereo is bananas, but found a TV input in the back seat so it looks like I can run RCA and get sound from that. Its a proper wafter.

Those seats look like they could eat up the miles. I much prefer Japanese preference to cloth seats as well.

The little Monkey had a leaky fuel tank,I tried to repair it but no joy so ended up buying a good second hand one on eBay

It looked black, it's not :)

I should have paid more attention, so we now have a green and black Monkey

New front pads today. Pig of a time getting front o/s wheel off. Had the tyres changed a few months ago by one of those do it on your driveway companies. Only went and used a rattle gun on the nuts and knackered the aluminium skin on the bolt so I couldn't get 19mm socket on. Didn't have a 20mm to try and force on so went up to the very helpful local tyre shop who not only managed to get it off but has a spare nut that they gave me.

Just faff that I could have done without and it would have been a major pain if I'd gotten a puncture at some point

Last edited:
Spent most of morning and bit of this afternoon trying to get Focus started - No ignition lights on dash no start -blinkers worked so did door locking. Couldn't get it out of park or release locked steering wheel (did get gear lever into neutral after a while)
Charged battery which was on 12.2v -Got multimeter out and checked fuses - The main problem was it is in garage with just enough room each side to walk down and steering was slightly to left so no way I could push it out.
So called the big boys -I have breakdown so AA turned up - he poked around turned things on and off then said we will do a battery reset - Guess what it worked - he thinks the key fob batteries were low and I had been banging away on them yesterday getting global windows working together. -
If I had thought about it I could have done that. Why is it so obvious after the fact.
:rolleyes::mad::eek::confused:

I have a alternator related issue. If I drive economically, the battery doesn't get enough juice it seems.
As I park up and get a "battery low" warning. A couple of blips of the throttle clears it. Hopefully just a loose belt.

Dang it.

Last edited:
I have a alternator related issue. If I drive economically, the battery doesn't get enough juice it seems.
As I park up and get a "battery low" warning. A couple of blips of the throttle clears it.

Dang it.
Short journeys? Old Battery?

I had similar with my Mini - used to come up with a Low Battery warning as soon as you turned the ignition on without the engine running. When checked with a multimeter the battery was an OK voltage - i.e. not completely dead but obviously fairly old.
Bought a Noco Genius charger, left it on charge for an absolute age and hasn't been a problem since. Still reads the same level when checked with a multimeter, but it's clearly done something to reinvigorate the battery.

Short journeys? Old Battery?

I had similar with my Mini - used to come up with a Low Battery warning as soon as you turned the ignition on without the engine running. When checked with a multimeter the battery was an OK voltage - i.e. not completely dead but obviously fairly old.
Bought a Noco Genius charger, left it on charge for an absolute age and hasn't been a problem since. Still reads the same level when checked with a multimeter, but it's clearly done something to reinvigorate the battery.

New Bosch battery.
Doesn't seem matter on journey distance it seems, but its always at the end of a journey.

Starts fine but that's because I blip it a bit if it comes up before turning it off.

Seems to only occur on driving economically which says to me that the voltage isn't high enough at lower revs. Maybe belt or reg/rec?

Seems to only occur on driving economically which says to me that the voltage isn't high enough at lower revs. Maybe belt or reg/rec?

If it is the regulator probably start to see headlights and internal lights flickering in colder weather and/or when the system is under higher loads but that can also point to the alternator itself.

Back
Top Bottom