What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Removed the stickers on the bootlid to make way for something new:

qHTFX90.jpeg

Put the new wheel bearing and driveshaft with new CV boots on, and though I may as well check the other side before I fill the gearbox oil... Now I'm doing the other wheel bearing, the other CV boots, the anti-roll-bar bushings, and the lower arms... :p

YbLEPqm.jpeg

Fitted a catch can, and did the vacuum lines in pink mainly to annoy @grudas. New boost hoses also.

KgoHgOW.jpeg

lgHBumg.jpeg

I did also design new graphics for the sides and the rear, but you have to have some secrecy right? :p

Waiting on parts to put the front back together, then need to adjust the rear suspension, redo the thermostat job because I ****** it up last time and it leaks, so I'm going to put a new gasket in, then it should be alright for a bit lol.

Chevrolet Matiz lower arms, MK5 Lancer diesel CV boots, Ignis roll bar bushes, and Daewoo Tico wheel bearing seals.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cedric is sold, chap from Czech Republic flying over on Thursday to collect then drive it home, hahaha

Deposit left. Love it, but dont use it enough with 2 wee kids, need something with ISOFIX really, so already looking at another import now

Soldato
Went out for an early morning 170 mile blast RS was really clean beforehand....some moron decided to plaster the roads over night with salt despite temps not dropping much below 8-9C....so now the RS is covered in black salt & grime will take a good 3 hours to clean by hand...next weekend!

Soldato
Few new bits to go in the MG, just waiting on the alternator, amp, sub and birch pine for my box bracing.
See if i can blow myself up :)

20240204-174156.jpg

2/0ish 70mm for the alt->battery (batt is in the boot stock)
20240204-174353.jpg

Kenwood DAB/media player, also have a double din adapter for the dash

20240204-174326.jpg

end sleeves, ferrules and fuses :)

20240204-174228.jpg

Shears and hydraulic cable crimper type thingy.

Soldato
Fitted some Borla S-Type axel back exhausts to the Mustang as it didn't quite have the V8 burble I was looking for. The S-Type are deeper than the Atak which are much raspier and not the sound I was looking for. It already had the H-pipe fitted and its maybe a little louder that I hoped and is going to be a problem with tracks like Bedford where the noise limit is low, however it does sound awesome. Sorry neighbours :cry:

Roads were still a bit damp and she didn't want to stop spinning.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fitted some Borla S-Type axel back exhausts to the Mustang as it didn't quite have the V8 burble I was looking for. The S-Type are deeper than the Atak which are much raspier and not the sound I was looking for. It already had the H-pipe fitted and its maybe a little louder that I hoped and is going to be a problem with tracks like Bedford where the noise limit is low, however it does sound awesome. Sorry neighbours :cry:

Roads were still a bit damp and she didn't want to stop spinning.
Guessing the phoen hasn't picked up all the bassy V8 either.

Man of Honour
The S-Type are deeper than the Atak which are much raspier and not the sound I was looking for.

Wish I could straight pipe my pickup, granted most engines sound better with muffling, etc. removed. Not my video but not bad sound for a V6 diesel with a modified exhaust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms99Q7GyCGI

I really like the deeper sound over the raspier one a lot of people seem to go for.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cedric is sold, chap from Czech Republic flying over on Thursday to collect then drive it home, hahaha

Deposit left. Love it, but dont use it enough with 2 wee kids, need something with ISOFIX really, so already looking at another import now

Is it very easy to import your own car as I have noticed you have done it quite a few times? Some point in the future I would love a nice white Nissan Primera with the SR20VE.

Soldato
Yeah, it's pretty simple. I always go for older than 10 years, it's a simpler process. I've seen the Primera a few times, there is an Autech version up at the moment. Not sure it has the VE but always liked them too.

The wagon version with over 200hp and manual would be quite fun I expect

Caporegime
Removed its face.

iqVapfB.jpeg

Replaced an engine mount because I thought it looked broken, then realised that there was nothing wrong with it and that is how they look. The new one is a little stiffer so not a complete waste of time, but the old one goes in the spares box not the bin.. :p

mKjaWpJh.jpeg
hhLN2Urh.jpeg

And I am hoping that this was the cause of my fluctuating boost. Will put an appropriately sized clip on it and see.

Its loose if you couldn't tell, I have no idea why I did that for so long. Perhaps I was feeling lonely. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah, it turns out it is worse than that dear reader, you see I just noticed that I replaced the front engine mount with the rear engine mount, which is why it is stiffer.
So tomorrow I must undo what I just did. Excellent, it only took ages. :p

Because my eyes apparently don't work, I will have ended up changing the front engine mount twice for no reason. Good job I'm scratching for things to do while I wait for parts!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom