What have you done to your car today?

Blend went quite well once glossed

I went with the playing cards method, as long as properly overlapped and it isn't windy works quite well, unfortunately when I was doing it the wind got up :(

Sadly to get any decent results out of mine needs going in with a sandblaster and maybe even chemical treatment.

IMG-1304.jpg

After 12 years of ownership I finally put in a Bluetooth head unit in my 2003 car lol

IMG-1304.jpg

After 12 years of ownership I finally put in a Bluetooth head unit in my 2003 car lol

Early 2000-2010 was the high point for car interiors IMO

Look at how clean that is. Nice dials, few buttons for climate, maybe for heated seats.....nothing uncessary and everything easily accessible. Now it's all 32" tablets stuck to the dashboard with 15 settings to get through just to turn the temperature up :(

Nothing... Had sump replaced at Mitsubishi dealer and now there's oil all over the driveway from the Outlander.
1.5l to be precise because that's how much I've put in...
Booked in again to be sorted. Sigh.... The cars fantastic but feel like things just aren't going right with it....
Needs new tyres which I've been meaning to do for last 2 months but can't afford it with all that has gone wrong.

could even be real nappa leather too from that era (poor cows) - the Sony's in keeping and like Alpine make good quality audio circuitry if you want to rock, and use phone for any nav.

Sorry to hear this. What car? How did they/he get in?
Audi S4, they snapped the cylinder on the conservatory door and forced it open.

Audi connect was active so the car was found yesterday in some dodgy estate in Warrington, so its been recovered. Not sure I want it back, or what state its currently in. This clearly wasnt an opportunistic theft as we live in a cul-de-sac.

Did an oil change yesterday and disconnected the fuel pump fuse so I could build pressure. I did a sump drop and clean so the pan was completely empty so wanted to build pressure before turning over proper.

Seems my Starter motor took its last breath.

One of the cogs had its internal bush completely missing and somehow it made its way down to the armature and melted into a nice lovely ball and damaged it which has also resulted in it damaging the spindle which engages with the flywheel and worn a groove where the bearing sits so it is basically scrap.

£70 and new unit on the way but I am visiting my sister on Thursday so it will be squeezing a family of 4 into the GR86!!!

4RKTBD0l.jpeg

udWXnp0l.jpeg

rkRrattl.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Audi S4, they snapped the cylinder on the conservatory door and forced it open.

Audi connect was active so the car was found yesterday in some dodgy estate in Warrington, so its been recovered. Not sure I want it back, or what state its currently in. This clearly wasnt an opportunistic theft as we live in a cul-de-sac.

With you on that, not sure I'd want it back, was it driven far?

Is it a recent new/model? Does it have a wireless key?

It does have a wireless key, my first thought when I checked the camera footage and saw it driving off was that it was relay theft, but then discovered the key gone and the door burst open.

It was only driven 40 miles, taken from Chester. Police said its fairly common to park them up somewhere for 24hrs as it shows if the tracking is enabled or not.

What sort of damage did they do to the car?
I think you mentioned you don't want it back in that state.

If it is stolen to order then it will most likely be in good condition. It is not like joyriding and then burn it out but I understand what he means it is almost as if someone has violated you. I wouldn't want it back either. The feeling that someone broke into your house isn't a nice feeling either :(.

If it is stolen to order then it will most likely be in good condition. It is not like joyriding and then burn it out but I understand what he means it is almost as if someone has violated you. I wouldn't want it back either. The feeling that someone broke into your house isn't a nice feeling either :(.
Agreed, not really that fussed about that car, its annoying but ultimately replaceable. The fact that somebody broke into the house in seconds and was rummaging around whilst me and the missus slept is far more disturbing. Her take on it is, if the car is returned what's to say they wont try again.

Surprisingly the advice from one of the CSI team was take your keys upstairs. No chance, if they want them, take them from somewhere obvious downstairs and leave me alone.

Agreed, not really that fussed about that car, its annoying but ultimately replaceable. The fact that somebody broke into the house in seconds and was rummaging around whilst me and the missus slept is far more disturbing. Her take on it is, if the car is returned what's to say they wont try again.

Surprisingly the advice from one of the CSI team was take your keys upstairs. No chance, if they want them, take them from somewhere obvious downstairs and leave me alone.
But if they cannot find them easily downstairs they are unlikely to come upstairs where you are?

Do you have the ability to arm just the downstairs on an intruder alarm for the nights.

Back
Top Bottom